Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Jessica Gets Her Ears Pierced

For her 8th birthday, Jessica came to me and asked if she could get her ears pierced. I was a little hesitant because I knew it could be painful. I went through everything with her including the amount of care it takes. She still said she wanted to do it so I made an appointment.

Here she is waiting, trying to get her game face on. She is the toughest girl I know, so I didn't think it would be a problem. I reminded her that when the first ear gets done, you can't change your mind. You have to do the other one too.

The first one took her by surprise. She actually cried. But she did good. She knew she had to do the other one. She got herself composed enough to get the second one done (Above picture).

Her daddy came too. I thought it was so sweet that he wanted to support his little girl. After it was done, she just went into his arms and fell apart. She didn't even want to look at the earrings for about 10 minutes.


When we got into the car, she was OK again and was able to show me her pink earrings. She immediately started texting her nana's and Aunt Jackie! I kept asking her if she was glad that she did it. Her answer is "Yes!" Whew!

I also have to tell you, she has been diligent about caring for them morning and night. It is neat to see her take responsibility for herself. What a big girl she is turning into.
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

melanie said...

Awww, good job Jessica!! I remember getting my ears pierced like it was yesterday, even though it was 20 years ago now. Please tell her they look beautiful for me! She's gorgeous without them of course, but love the little pink sparkles. So much fun to be a girl :)

Catherine said...

She is absolutely beautiful, Stacie..with or without earrings. You've done a marvelous job a raising a hardy girl!

Wanting What I Have said...

Awww...this made me cry!!! So precious to see Steve there with her. There is nothing like those strong daddy arms for his little girl! Congrats Jess! I am so proud of you for taking such great care of yourself! You are beautiful!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

That last picture of her is so precious. How neat that Steve wanted to be there to support her. She looks beautiful! What a big girl!

Camille said...

How courageous your Jessica is! What a sweet thing that your husband came along...precious! Congratulations Jessica!

Many blessings,
Camille

RaD said...

That's great! My girl's ears are not pierced because I wanted it to be her decision. That's awesome that she handled it so well and is taking good care of her ears.

On a side note, another blogger posted about a possible fix to your commenting problems. You can check it out here: http://www.onceuponamiracle.com/

Mich said...

My daughter chickened out until she was 11. Even then we had the ladies do both ears at the same time, because we thought she would back out of doing the second ear. Now she is all about some earrings.

Vanyah said...

CONGRATS Jessica, such a big girl. I was 16 when mom took me to get mine done...it was a special time and thats what I want for my lil' girl, for her to be ready as well. ;~)

Lizzy said...

Your husband was too sweet to go with her! I remember being so scared when I got my ears pierced, but she handled it like a trooper :)I bet she will be excited when she can pick out other earrings to change out when they've healed

Kristin Bridgman said...

AAww, I love it that Daddy was there:) My mother wouldn't let me get my ears pierced when I was 12. I thought it was because she couldn't afford it, so I did it myself:) Numbed the ears with ice cubes and then stuck a steralized needle right through the ears. I've never had a problem with them:)

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Kristan, you are so brave!!!! Yikes!

Ruth, I got tried it, but it didn't work. I did try signing in under my name and URL and it worked!!! So thanks a ton!!!! It is weird how random it seems to be.

You all are so sweet! I can't wait to show Jess these comments.

Trisha said...

That is precious to have Daddy there to comfort her! What lovely earrings, Jessica! The hard part is over. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails