Friday, June 3, 2011

The Essence of Abundant Life

This stuff in my Bible study is just too good to not pass on. I hope you get as much out of this as I did.

**********************************
God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. Our soul's satisfaction for His glorification is a wonderful motive for requesting more of the Holy Spirit. After learning many lessons the hard way, I want more and more of His Spirit because I want more and more of Him! The flooding of the Holy Spirit will manifest in all sorts of ways, but God and His glorification are our purest motives, not the manifestations themselves.

I am convinced that the essence of abundant life is simply put: an abundance of God in our lives. I don't just want to do the church thing. I want to experience Him every day of my mortal life and walk with Him as surely and vividly as I could walk with flesh and bone. I want to see His glory that the prophet Isaiah said fills the earth (see Isa. 6:3).  I don't want just to be saved from destruction, as thankful as I am for the deliverance. I want to bask in the favor of His pure presence. I want God-a lot of Him! I think you do too.

Let's start asking for Him, Dear One.

Every day of our lives.

More of Your Spirit, Lord.

More of Your Spirit!

Taken from "Beloved Disciple" by Beth Moore.

9 comments:

Catherine said...

I am loving this Bible study too! I DO want more of Him.

...they call me mommy... said...

AMEN!!!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

This is my heart's cry! MORE, MORE, MORE!!!!

Lady Rose said...

Stacie,

Amen! Having more of the Lord's Holy Spirit is what I want to, in order to help me do the things that He wants!

Keep sharing these bible studies with us! :)

Blessings,

-L. Rose

Camille said...

What a blessing that the LORD is so gracious to teach us more of HIS truth and lead us nearer to Himself! Might we indeed bring glory to HIS Name in all we do!

Many blessings,
Camille

His bondservant said...

God is teaching me the same thing Stacie...just the need for more of Him in every area of my life. He is so gracious to remind us of our need isn't He? God bless you!

Mich said...

Have a beautiful weekend.

Great study.

Homestead Living said...

The older I get the more I realize my desperate need for His spirit. I am so wretched on my own! Praise God that we are don't have to do this life alone!!!
Sounds like a wonderful study.
Hope you're having a delightful weekend.

Marie said...

Hard moments makes us more close to him, and, we stay and our faith is stronger. Aww I wish I'm in your bible study...

Thanks for the sweet comment, yes, indeed I am enjoying my pregnancy!But sometimes I just really feel tired. And I'm afraid of giving birth, I find myself thinking of that day more and more now.. =(

Blessings,
Marie

Related Posts with Thumbnails