Monday, May 9, 2011

Spring Flowers

I still want to fill those fireboots up with dirt and put some petunuias in them. Just haven't got around to it. I did plant some pansies in the wheelbarrow.

Some tulips that survived my little Lily Pie! I'm enjoying them thoroughly.

I have lots of trees in my yard, but this cherry tree is the best. It doesn't produce fruit (for which I'm thankful for). What a mess! We are blessed to have a neighbor who has several cherry trees. We eat so many cherries in June, it is unreal!


I don't remember what this little vine is called, but I do so love the purple flowers that grow on it.
I'm so glad spring is here. I spent this last Sunday sitting in the sunshine, watching the little ones playing. Spring makes me slow down and enjoy life. It's not too hot and it's not too cold. It's perfect...
Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

Catherine said...

Ah, how refreshing that little tour of your yard was for me; thank you! Is the purple vining flower Vinca?

melanie said...

Beautiful flowers!!! I can't wait till we pull out the old bushes in front and I can get started with planting. Hopefully this weekend! And I agree not hot, not cold...just beautiful temps to enjoy. I know I've been enjoying sitting in the sun while the kiddos dig and play in the dirt :)

Rachel and Family said...

Beautiful!! I miss your yard. The flowers are looking fuller every year. Maybe we could do a wedding there some day...

Wanting What I Have said...

Your garden and yard are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Homestead Living said...

Beautiful! I love your wheelbarrow.

Anonymous said...

Stace,
Your yard looks great! From what I can see, it looks like your vine with the purple flowers is Periwinkle. You have the good, low lying kind, like Sandy (across the street), but ours is really gangly and only looks good a short time out of the year!
Love - Mom

Mich said...

Still "green" with envy over your "green" thumb. If I had the extra money I would hire you to make my yard cute too. :)

Camille said...

I love that ground cover...we have it too...it's periwinkle...pretty! :)

Your yard is lovely Stacie. I have flowering cherry trees too...love them! :)

And...yummy...how wonderful that you have access to lots of cherries in June....what a treat!

Blessings,
Camille

Lady Rose said...

Stacie,

Your backyard looks like a delightful place to visit and rest. Those flowers are truly beautiful! :)

-L. Rose

Kristin Bridgman said...

BEAUTIFUL! I absolutely love Spring too! Thank you for sharing your lovely yard with us :)

The Angulo's said...

I love Spring too. Cherries are really good for you, and to me those flowers on the vine looked allot like Morning Glories.

Blessings!

~ Mrs. A

The Angulo's said...

I also wanted to say that I love your creativity in your flower garden. I enjoyed your pictures. ;)

RaD said...

Your gardens are always so lovely. Once again I am jealous of your green thumb!

Robin said...

So pretty! And the little blue flowering plant is also known as Vinca.

I sure hope spring gets to ME soon.

Marie said...

wow your garden is divine!

Related Posts with Thumbnails