Sunday, May 15, 2011

My Musings

 Jessica is working hard on her homeschooling. I have been keeping track of their grades and it has helped me be way more consistent about correcting their papers. They also are enjoying seeing what kind of GPA they are getting.
 Miss Lily Pie, sleeping away.
 We have had a couple rats move in by the goat pen. When Josh found this one it was already pretty ripe! We were impressed at how big it was. They are getting fat on all our grain.
 Snickers killed this one! Yeah, Snickers!!!! Haven't seen anymore, so hopefully we got them all.

 Mother's Day was full of sweet little gifts from some of my children. Jess gave me these silk flowers and bought the sack to go with it. She was very excited!
 Jacob's new passion is to water my flowers. I like that he uses a can instead of a hose. I don't think there would be anything left of my beds if I did let him use a hose!

 Lily decided to dunk the top of her head in a mud puddle. I love the look she is giving me.
 Yeah, you are too cute and you know it! How can you get mad at that?
 I love the fringed look on these purple tulips.
I thought this was kind of a fun picture.
Here is a bale of straw waiting to be spread in between my beds. I love lasangna gardening! Just layer and let it sit. I pull maybe 5-10 weeds a year in my garden using this method. It is awsome for a busy mom. I've got some sugar snap peas, onions, lettuce and a few potatoes coming up. The strawberries on the left are looking great! There are tons of blooms this year. It is going to be tough to keep the kids from eating them all, so that I can make jam. I LOVE strawberry jam!

Nothing real new or exciting. Just snippets of what is going on in our lives. Lots of sunshine, wind, and rain. Kind of a strange spring.

Today is Jessica's 8th birthday. I will do my birthday letter to her soon.

Have a blessed Sabbath!

12 comments:

...they call me mommy... said...

Love this post, Stacie! :) I love news-y posts! You look wonderful and I love your top & necklace! :) Tulips are my FAVORITE flowers of all time so I love your flowers and your garden looks so nice! I have heard so many good things about lasagna gardening! Love the fire boot photo also...

God bless you today!

Wanting What I Have said...

LOVED this post! Happy birthday Jess!!!

Kimberly said...

Happy birthday to your big girl! Rats, yuck!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Happy birthday, Jessica! Hope she has a wonderful birthday.

Good job Snickers! Maybe she has finally found her "job" in the family.

Can't wait to do the lasagna gardening method. Still waiting to till it one more time so we can get those beds made.

Love seeing Lily wearing Hailey's clothes. The picture of her sleeping is too sweet. I miss kissing her sweet little cheeks. I miss everyone! I hate that it is going to be another month before we see each other :( Darn gas prices!

Love you and hope you are blessed at church today!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

BTW, those are pretty purple tulips are called "Blue Heron Tulip". They are one of my favorites. Glad they are doing so well in your yard!

Catherine said...

This new camera is giving much better pictures! Your kids are darling...as ever they are, and YOU look marvelous!

melanie said...

A very happy birthday to Jessica! I hope she enjoys her special day. Love, love, love those purple tulips, so neat how they have the fringe look. I've got to get going on the planting thing, lol, and I've got lots of laundry bottles saved to make "watering cans" because when my little guy gets a hold of the hose...watch out!!! So happy that strawberry season is almost here, I've never been that far west but I do know Michigan strawberries are amazing. Cannot wait to make freezer jam :)

Chelle said...

LOve the tulips. love the post.

Grandma Becky said...

Happy Birthday to Jessica! Love your post with all the posts. It's amazing what varmints will eat. We've been selling alot of mouse and rat traps and bait at hardware store lately. Tis the season? Have a good week!

Cedars of Lebanon Farm said...

Ugh! We hate Rats around here! You would think with six barn cats we wouldn't have a single one!

Mich said...

Loves all your pictures.

Hope you have a beautiful week.

Lady Rose said...

Stacie,

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your musings.

The pictures of those fat rats gave me the creeps though, ugh! I think if I saw one of those running around my yard, I would be jumping and screaming around until my husband came and killed it, ha! Your Lilly-Pie is too cute.

I also loved that face she gave you after she dunk her head in a puddle of mud. Ha, ha!

-L. Rose

Related Posts with Thumbnails