Monday, May 30, 2011

Life Is Good

I couldn't resist the flip flops when they went on sale at Fred Meyers. I had to get a picture of the girls' together. This is Lily's first pair.
Daddy snuggling with Lily Pie.

I don't know why I didn't do this when I was going through the Beth Moore's "Believing God" study. Beth asked us to tie a blue bracelet around our wrists to remind us to believe God. My sister is doing this Bible study with her friends. I have decided to wear it not only to remember to believe God for them, but for some stuff I'm going through.

I am going to believe God for my children's future.

I'm going to believe that they will become men and women of integrity and truthfullness (we've been having a lying problem with five of them. I know, YIKES!)

 I am believing God that all of my efforts to raise these children for Him will not be in vain.

I know it's a tall order, but my God can do what He says He can do!

6 comments:

h. rae said...

Awesome! Good post! Remembering God's presence by any token, if it helps, do it! If it empowers, do it!

Mich said...

Love me some flip flops!!

precious daddy/daughter pics.

I remember wearing a blue ribbon once upon a time...great study.

Catherine said...

I still have my ribbon, and I can still recite the pledge. I'm praying for you too!

Homestead Living said...

Although I have never done this study, I am believing God for a few things. I'm believing that my children will follow the Lord with all their heart soul and strength. I'm believing that we will find much joy as they are going through their teen years. I'm believing that God will bring each of them a godly spouse and together they will serve the Lord with all of their hearts.

Thank you for your comment the other day. I agree that it does feel good to dress nice and some what stylish. It's just so sad that some of the styles are so revealing. I too love to layer. :)
This subject is easy to turn into a legalistic issue. I believe it's just a matter of our hearts.

Hope you have a blessed evening,
Jennie

Arrington Family News said...

So sweet!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I've got mine blue cord on, too, and look at it often. Thank you for the lend of this study and for your wonderful support of me and my gals. God is doing awesome things!

Cute flip flops on Lily. How I miss those chubby cheeks! 3 more weeks before I can kiss 'em!

Related Posts with Thumbnails