Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother's Day to my Mothers

How can you truly say thank you to the people who made you, shaped you, and helped you become the person you are? Here is my mom, Kricket. She found out she was having twins two weeks before she had my sister and I. What a shock that must have been! The best thing she ever did was take us to church and introduce me to Jesus. Although we have had our struggles, God is working on our relationship in a big way. We are growing closer and are enjoying each other's company more and more. She loves the Lord and is going through some big changes. She recently moved her mother in with her and my stepfather, Larry. It is going to be challenging for everyone, but she knows she will learn and grow from the experience. I'm so proud of her!

This is my other mother, Diana. She is actually my step mom, but she raised me since I was 14. She has had a hard job, raising us in our teen years. She was a shining example to us of right and wrong. She has a servant's heart and loves beyond what any of us would consider "normal". It is a sacrificial love. I am so thankful for her and proud of her as well. She power walks competitively and has lost a lot of weight recently. Not easy to do!


I'm not done, though. This is Ethel, my MIL. Sorry, this is the most recent picture I have of her. The wind was howling at the beach. She is such a sweetheart. I don't think we have ever had a disagreement. I know, CRAZY! I am so blessed to have the MIL from heaven. She accepts me for who I am, loves me and encourages me as I raise her grandchildren for the Lord. Ethel was widowed in her early thirties and had two small children to raise before my FIL, Vern married her several years later. She knows what pain is, yet you would never know it. She is so happy and sweet-tempered.

Thank you so much for being there for me. For loving me. For making me a better person. For forgiving me when I mess up. For nurturing me. For making me feel safe. For being my Sister's in Christ, who keep me accountable. For being such wonderful grandmothers to my children.

May God bless you always.

Happy Mother's Day!!!!
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Kristin Bridgman said...

So, So, Sweet. How special to have 3!
Happy Mother's Day to you:)

Mary R. said...

You are truly blessed.

Mama Hen said...

You are so blessed to have all these women in your life!

Catherine said...

Oh, Stacie, that was sweet and kind, and completely honest. You are truly blessed!

h. rae said...

Such precious tributes to these ladies! I hope you, and they, have a very special Mother's Day!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Three awesome women that I'm privileged to have in my life as well. Great post, Stace! Happy Mother's Day to you, too!!!

Homestead Living said...

Very sweet!!! You look so much like your mother in that picture. Hope you had a delightful day!

Happy Mother's Day!
~Jennie

Jessica Heights said...

It sounds like you have some great mothers in your life! :)

Happy Mother's Day to you!

Robin said...

You are blessed! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Staciebug. You don't know how it warms my heart to see you passing on your love of Christ to my grandchildren. I love you more than you will ever know!
Mom

Amber said...

You ARE very blessed! Thank you for the Mother's Day wish. ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails