Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Flower Children and a Prayer

 I take the kids every year to get pictures of the lupine and balsam root. They are so pretty!
 My sweet girls!
 The hills are a hazy yellow. There are just so many flowers!
 Jessica took this picture!
 I love that manly look Jacob is giving me. He would be more convincing, but for those baby cheeks!!!
 Andrew wanted to play "I Spy" in the bushes.
 Jess took this one too.
Lily kept stopping to take her boots off because grass was getting in them.

From my journal this morning:

Lord, I want to be sitting pretty for a fresh revelation when God deems it so. Prepare me, Lord. Prepare me for what lies ahead. Till the soil of my heart. Pull out the offensive weeds. Sow seeds of love and forgiveness. Let there be a GREAT harvest! Carry me, Lord! Give me rest on all sides. Help me to have a peaceful and quiet season, free from the drama of life and high emotions. Carry me like a lamb on your shoulders. You are my Shepherd, my love, my life. Breathe your life back into these dry bones so that I can stand before the world and proclaim your goodness to all.

9 comments:

RaD said...

Great pictures, I love family days like these.

Kimberly said...

It must smell just sweet! Yesterday I was able to hang laundry, it smelt so sweet- I kept thinking that we must be missing something, not paying attention, when outside.

I have a photo editing tip for you, something I've been doing recently that has really helped my photos pop. {I noticed that the photos from our trip were flat and knew that disnld was so colourful} I played with the "vivid" and "saturation" settings in photoshop, slightly increasing those settings. I was so surprised how much it helped the images to look more like it did to our eyes. If you edit right on your camera, check to see if it has those options.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Thanks for the tip. I usually don't have time to fool around with the settings much. but I will see what I can do.

Lady Rose said...

Stacie,

Okay, I must say that I am a bit "jealous" here. I really LOVED seeing those pictures of the countryside that you visited with all the pretty wild flowers. I wish I could go there.

Your children are too cute. I liked the "manly" photo as well, but those cute and plump little baby cheeks "give him away," ha!

Tell Jessica that she did a great job taking those pictures - loved your journal prayer as well. It was beautiful. :)

-L. Rose

Jill said...

What lovely pictures!

Blessings,
Jill

OurLilFullFam said...

Such nice pictures. Lovely spring flowers, and beautiful children! Jess did a good job on the ones she took!

Powerful prayer Stacie, you are always so honest and encouraging!

Stephanie

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Tell Jess she did a great job on the Arrowleaf Balsamroot!

I love the picture of you, too.

Catherine said...

You are so good to let the kids use your camera, and Jessica is quite shockingly good!!!! Ditto and Amen to your prayer, Stacie.

Jennifer said...

hey, i need your direct email address....email me at jenniferkindle@gmail.com so I can add you to my blog, please!

Related Posts with Thumbnails