Wednesday, April 13, 2011

This and That

 I love it when Lily falls asleep on her own. She just looks so peaceful.
 I can't help but take a picture!
 Steve caught Lily and I watching the fire in our man-sized "burning barrel". Yes, that isn't your imagination, it is a stock tank. I think the lady that lived here before us wanted to make a pond out of it. I told Steve it would make a perfect burning barrel. I was right, although I wouldn't want to shovel it out in 10 years.
 Marcus set this up. It actually didn't take him that long. It looked really cool!
 Steve loves messy pictures of our children. He caught Lily with homemade raspberry jam all over her face.
Marcus was not thrilled when his Nana played an April Fool's trick on him. She told them she was bringing over sushi that had raw fish and seaweed in them. He was totally grossing out, but I forced him to sit down and try it. When he opened his eyes he found a rice crispy treat rolled around a gummy worm and then the outside was rolled with a fruit roll up. Very cute and creative! The kids ate their "sushi" right up. Nana is always so good about making fun things for them.

Ted Arnold, Author of the "Fly Guy" series came into town to speak with the children in our area's schools. We were able to meet with he and his wife. It was a wonderful experience that I will blog about next time. So stay tuned!

11 comments:

Hydrant girl said...

Love the sushi! I am going to have to try that.

Wanting What I Have said...

Lily is so cute!!! I love the pics of her sleeping! And wow-the table full of soldiers!!!! I'll have to show my kiddos! And the burn pit...very cool.

JuRita said...

Great pictures. I will have to show my boys the Army men.. they haven't got theirs out for awhile. :) Blessings!

Catherine said...

Oh, Stacie, what a darling little one you have! I love the sushi idea too; I'll have to tell Lovella about it.

Donna B said...

Wonderful pictures. I love the sushi idea. I am going to have to try it with my crew.

WI wish we could have a burn pit here, that is an awesome one. I am sure your firefighting husband is like mine and loves to watch a good fire. :D

American Home said...

The sushi trick is so cute! I will have to remember that one! I love the look on their faces....
Blessings

RaD said...

I like sleepy pictures of my kids even now! Your little Lily does look so peaceful sleeping. I love the pic of you two sitting together, so precious.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I love the look on Marcus' face. Just goes to show, you can't knock it till you try it! That is a sweet pic of you and Lily looking at the fire and of course I love the sleeping pics, too:)

Katie said...

Love the photos! The fire pit it great! :)

Tina said...

The above comment by Katie was actually me. Sorry, didn't realize my daughter was signed in. :)

Mom of 5 said...

Oh I ♥ the army men on the table!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog :) Have a nice day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails