Friday, April 22, 2011

My Favorite Time of The Year

Spring spells flowers! I love flowers. I love color. I crave color in my yard.

I bought a new camera and I am loving it! It is way better for outdoor shots. You can see the havoc that Lily did on my tulips. She ripped the heads off of most of them. I was sick. Tulips are my favorite flowers and I look forward to their blooms all year.

The candytuft is so pretty this time of year. I love how it is finally draping down my wall.

My raspberries are starting to bud out. I hope they are loaded with berries this year because it seems like I can't make enough jam to satisify my growing brood. They LOVE it! I planted grass too close to my rows and now they keep getting thinner and thinner. I am trying grass clippings for mulch this year to help keep the weeds down. I am also adding straw.

Did I mention that I love this time of year?

Sunshine and rain, mixed.

Kind of like life.

Trials and blessings, mixed...
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Mama Hen said...

Tulips are my favorite flower also. They are just so perfect in their form. And the colors!

I really like your retaining wall with all the flowers and green. Pretty.

Catherine said...

Your yard is beautiful, the flowers are 'to-die-for'! I have a couple daffydowndillies barely open above 2 inches of snow. God is good!!!

candy said...

Your old yard is just full of tulips.Dennis thought Kieth was busy planting.I had to explain they have been there for years. They look extra beautiful this year.my favorite flower is lilacs I cant wait to get a bunch planted. A friend gave me some starters last year and they have been in a 5 gal can ever since. Man are they hardy I thought sure the cold weather would nhave killed exposed roots.but they all have leaves on them.

RaD said...

It looks great!

Lady Rose said...

Stacie,

You surely do have a lovely yard. My favorite picture was where the flowers were draping over the wall. It was very pretty.

Flowers are my favorite part about nature, too. They are simply lovely to view because they hold so much beauty and vivid colors. Roses are my favorite flower, but tulips are nice too. :)

Thank you for sharing your springtime pictures.

-L. Rose

h. rae said...

Your yard is beautifully landscaped! I love the ones draped over the wall.

Camille said...

Lovely post Stacie! Gorgeous garden (even with the heads off those tulips...one day you will laugh, I promise). May the LORD bless you and your family this Easter weekend with HIS peace and presence. With HIM, we lack nothing!

Many blessings,
Camille

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

You're pictures look great! I hope you like the camera as much as I do. We have sunshine today and it just lifts my spirits. Love you, Sis!

Robin said...

I'm a fellow spring lover. I can't wait to actually HAVE it. *sniff*

Mich said...

Total black thumb gal here, so a little jealous of your garden.
Very pretty.

Happy Easter!

Related Posts with Thumbnails