Thursday, April 28, 2011

Images of Easter

I am experimenting with my camera. I am used to a point and shoot. This camera has so many options and it can be really confusing. The first one is supposed to focus on one object and blur out the rest. This is a picture of my Easter Egg tree.

This is in "vivid" color. It is very bright! We dyed 10 dozen Easter eggs! My mom knows I hate dying eggs, so she has graciously taken over that chore. She has the patience of a Saint!

I mentioned before that we did the "Resurrection Eggs" from Family Life, this year. The kids loved it! Since there is a dozen they each got to do two eggs. This is a tradition that I am excited to continue on. It really kept the focus on Easter where it belonged. Jesus...

When I woke up it was pouring down rain. I was kind of bummed. But I prayed a Martha prayer and asked God to help me take everything in stride. I was expecting 15 people or so for our Easter feast after church. God answered that prayer! It was the most relaxing Easter I had ever had. The food and company were wonderful. God even allowed the sun to shine so we could all go outside for an egg hunt! He is so good!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

OurLilFullFam said...

I am glad you had such a wonderful Easter - that is a lot of eggs to dye!!

Stephanie

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I love that first picture! Very cool. The last one of Lily is sweet, too. Glad you're having fun experimenting with your new camera. Missed the family this year!

Kristin Bridgman said...

We did the resurrection eggs too when the boys were little.
You have such cute kids :)
Enjoy the picture taking!
Kristin

Catherine said...

What is a resurrection egg? The pictures are beautiful, and I LOVE dyeing eggs, wish I'd been there for you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails