Friday, April 29, 2011

Homeschool Co-Op's Picnic By the Creek

My friend Laurel, convinced me to take the kids to an event put by a homeschool family. We were invited to their house to play, ride bikes, and to explore their creek. It was so fun! I'm glad I took the time to go. Usually these events are very overwhelming to me. Trying to keep my eyes on three little ones is pretty normal. But Lily was the only one that I had to really watch. They had parents station themselves in two's so they could talk,( because you know how us homeschool moms like to talk) and watch the kids to keep them safe. It was actually really relaxing that way.

Lily LOVED the creek. I had to watch her pretty good, she wanted to do what the big kids were doing. But I let her strip her socks off and put her feet in. As you can see by her face, she was in heaven!

Our hosts were Lori and David. I had seen Lori a few times, but never actually met her. It turns out that her SIL and I have been following each other's blogs for a couple years now. What a small world! We took this picture to surprise her. You can visit Mrs. A's Blog here. There were very sweet people and were highly organized. LOVE it!

Marcus really enjoyed playing in the creek, too. Boy, was it cold!


There were so many families there! I met some new friends, connected with old ones and realized that I really need to practice hospitality more. I'm glad the weather is getting nice. I see some play-dates in the future!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Grandma Becky said...

One thing I miss about homeschooling is the field trips. But we have good memories of them now that it's all over and the kids are grown. Still see some of the families when they come into the hardware store where I work. Thanks for sharing. Have a good weekend!

The Angulo's said...

How neat! :) I guess my brother and SIL didn't get a chance to tell me about it yet.

Sounds like a lot of fun. Your daughter looks so cute.

I have a 7 yr old girl who will be entering 3rd grade, a 5 yr old entering 1st. I have a 3 yr old, and one on the way. I sure would love to HomeSchool them. My husband is against it but, i'm praying he'll change his mind.

Related Posts with Thumbnails