Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Fruit of My Labor

I was amazed when Marcus came up to me and told me that he wanted to take me out for lunch for my birthday. He said he wanted to take me to Thai.


 As I watched him proudly go to the bank and get the $20 needed, I got choked up. I couldn't believe that a child of mine could be so thoughtful. He really wanted to make my birthday special and honor me. At first I thought myself unworthy, knowing that $20 is a lot of money for a 10 year old. He worked hard for it. But the Lord reminded me that all this time I have been drilling into this child's head that he needs to think of others. Money is a really big deal to this kid. This was about as sacrificial as this boy could get.

 Here are the earrings that he bought me. They are really pretty, and totally me!

I am so thankful that on this day I could enjoy the fruit of my labor. This same child also gave me two sets of earrings and a locket that says, "#1" Mom. It was such a blessing to be loved and appreciated by the child that I have the most conflict with. I am very proud of my Marcus!

The last picture is Andrew and I with my birthday "bling" my children and sis picked out for me. I'm wearing the locket that Marcus got me.

11 comments:

Wanting What I Have said...

That is so precious and such an encouragement! Marcia, you are growing up to be one mighty fine young man. I am so proud of you!!!

Her children will rise and call her blessed.

SOOOO happy for you, Stacie!!!

Valerie said...

How sweet! You've done a wonderful job with that boy...glad you got to enjoy a bit of the "fruits of your labor" and have a special lunch with your son! Such a wonderful memory for both of you. :)

Donna B said...

What a wonderful testomony to you mom! You are doing a wonderful job raising a fine young man.

Chelle said...

That is very sweet of him. You are blessed.

kathy said...

Happy birthday Stacie! How special to be taken out by your son!

Mich said...

what a sweet moment. moms and their boys have a special bond.

caz1975 said...

That is so precious, proof of what a great job you are doing with your kids!!! :-)

Kimberly said...

It's so hard to sit back and let the little men in our lived lead, but when they are given that opportunity, we get to see a wonderful side to our growing sons!

The movie is called Soul Surfer, we don't have tv either, had we not seen the trailer at Creation and heard the story on Christian radio we wouldn't have known about it either. The trailer is online, it's really to bad that amount of skin is going to hold Christians back from seeing it, as I really feel the story and the real life girl are genuine, it's difficult to give it a negative review. I found the reviews on christiananswers {dot} net

Tina said...

What a precious memory! Enjoy the fruit. :) It truly is bittersweet watching them grow up, isn't it? A joy seeing who God's shaping them to be (although we miss the little ones). :)
Thank you for sharing with us.

Grandma Becky said...

It just touches a mom's heart when a child steps out and gives you something unexpected. Marcus is learning and it's good to know he still loves his mom. You are doing a good job with you children. It's a process and something that will stand all time. Hugs and so happy for your fun birthday!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

So proud of that boy! He gives me such hope :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails