Monday, April 11, 2011

Easy Beef and Noodle Toss and Easter

Beef and Noodle Toss

8 oz of Penne Pasta
12 oz of beef sirloin, cut into bite-size pieces
2 TBs flour
1 TB olive oil
1 can of Italian-style stewed tomatoes (drained)
8 oz of sliced mushrooms
4 cloves of garlic
14 oz of beef broth

Cook noodles according to directions. Season beef with salt and pepper. Toss with flour. Heat oil in a 12 inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add meat and any remaining flour. Cook 3-4 minutes until beef is browned, stirring often. Add mushrooms and garlic and tomatoes. Cook 5 more minutes. Add broth; cook 3-4 minutes or until beef is done and liquid is slightly thickened. Add cooked noodles to skillet, stir gently to coat. Heat through.

I found this recipe in Better Homes and Gardens, but switched it up a bit to make it easier. They recommended lasagna noodles for the pasta. My kiddos loved this recipe! The best part is that it only took 25 minutes from start to finish. I like that kind of recipe.


Jessica made me this creation. manderine oranges, fish crackers, and whipped cream. She even put some cherry blossoms on top. It was very sweet. One of those moments you smile, set it aside and hope they forget about it! LOL! I love how she enjoys "plating" everything now. To her, it is all about the presentation.

Life has been good. Lots of intense Bible study. I just went through the book of Revelation and I so enjoyed it. I have a new fear of God. When I see horrific things on the news, I have a new found hope that God really will judge and He will also vindicate the innocent. He is such a fair and just God. I am so grateful that I know Him. That He chose me to be His child and part of His church.

I am anticipating Easter this year. I bought some "Resurrection Eggs", which is like an advent to Easter. I have been really wanting to find a fun way to teach the little ones about Easter. I can't wait to start next week.  There are 12, so they each get to open two. Also, for Easter I bought they all the new Narnia movie.

Do you do anything special for Easter? How do you teach your children about what Easter really means?

6 comments:

Rachel and Family said...

Thanks for sharing that recipe! It looks good and easy. I'll have to try it, I already have most of the ingredients.

I love my resurrection eggs. I've been using them for 10 years. You'll love them and your family will look forward to them.

Ann made cheese rolled up with peanut butter. yuck. I was too scared to try so I threw it out the kitchen window. She found it later when we went out side. I had some explaining to do. Lesson learned.

What a sweet memory for you and Marcus!! You look beautiful Stacie.

Tina said...

That recipe looks wonderful! I'll have to remember it so I can try it too.
For easter we have a tradition of making easter cookies the night before easter - they're like divinity but each step has Bible verses to look up and is representative of a part of what Easter truly is. This year we're also, for the first time, reading Amon's Adventure - a novel/devotional set in Jerusalem in the time period of Christ's death and resurrection. It's set up to read aloud as a family during Lent.

Kimberly said...

I love recipes such as the one you've shared, in a pinch easy skillet "casserole" meals are my go to meal!

Easter is going to be different for us this year, the old church did services for Palm Sunday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday and Easter. The church we tried out this week has an only an Easter drama on Easter weekend, we've wanted to go for years, nows our chance. I'm sure that will bring the Bible to life for all of us. We have the Resurrection Eggs, the children love them, they are an excellent tool for teaching and making Easter real. On the fun side we dye eggs, weather permitting we will hide the plastic eggs we have for an egg hunt.

h. rae said...

Looks yummy Stacie! It seems like most of the posts I'm reading today are recipes and fabulous photos to show them off!

Donna B said...

Wonderful recipe and in a pinch you could use ground beef, turkey or diced up chicken. Can you tell that I rarely follow a recipe exactly. :)

As a Catholic we have the entire season of Lent to prepare for Easter. Beginning on Ash Wendesday we receive the ashes and the reminder that we are created by God from the dust of the Earth. Through out the season we practice acts of service and sacrifice to remind us of Jesus's great sacrifice for all of us. In addition some people chose give up favored items or foods; others may add additional prayers or acts of service.

Lent is truly a time of preparation ending with the great celebration of Christ's resurrection and triumph over sin and death.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I LOVE Jess' creation. Very cute and creative! It is plated very nicely.

I love the Resurrection eggs, too. The kids look forward to it every year. So glad you got some :)

Oh, and I've received lots of compliments on my egg wreath!

Related Posts with Thumbnails