Saturday, March 26, 2011

Scrapbook Camp 2011

Every winter/spring, my mom and my twin sister Jackie, try to get together and conquer our picture piles. This year was no exception. I traveled two hours to my mom's house and had a relaxing four days to spend scrapbooking, talking, Bible study and eating. It was wonderful.

I think the best part was not having to discipline during those days. I think it has been taking a lot out of me. I try to be a very consistent parent, so they don't get away with much when ol' Mom's around. I was able to have some wonderful conversations with the Lord about mothering on the way there and back. Also, to be able to praise and worship without interruption was just heavenly.
My mother treated Jackie and I to a new restaurant in town called "The Prodigal Son". All the furniture was mismatched and it was quite cute. Jackie had a yummy pasta dish, Mom had a delicious soup and I tried the onion tart. (Below)
Pendleton is famous for their rodeo so now they have these gigantic boots all over Mainstreet. The kids would have loved it! It was as tall as me!
 
I am grateful to my husband who watched the kiddos for me for four days so that I could do this. I was able to get completely caught up with 54 scrapbook pages completed and I even made 9 cards to boot.
It is always good to come home. I missed my sweet little kisses and hugs.

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Jenn said...

Staci, what an awesome opportunity! So glad you got to spend some wonderful time worshipping! :) And all those scrapbook pages what an accomplishment!

Wanting What I Have said...

I am so happy for you that you got that time away! How wonderful!!! Your cards are AMAZING! you encourage me to stay the course and seek to be more consistent with my children. Love you!

RaD said...

Wow! That is a lot of scrapbooking! I am always amazed at how much you and your sister get done. I wish I could be that productive on my scrapbooking days with friends. usually I get about 5-6 pages done and that's after about 6 hours.

That giant book makes me wonder if we shouldn't take a drive over to Pendleton this summer on our annual vacation and take some pictures. They look kinda cool!

Kristin Bridgman said...

What a wonderful time. I could be envious but I will try not to be:)
My family all live 12 hours away.
Thank you for coming by today. Chris is a fine young man! But the mowing...that's my job...I love it. Even wrote a story about that:)
Now you've got me thinking about all those pictures I've got lying around...that might be next Saturday's project:)

Lady Rose said...

Stacie,

It sounds like you had a great time in fellowship and bonding with your mother and sister.

The restaurant that you went to sounds like it would be an interesting place to visit. The food sure is different. An Onion tart? What did that taste like?

Yes, you are back home now (I am sure you were missed), but you take with you found memories to reflect upon during each day of your life. :)

Blessings,

-LR

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

It actually tasted like French onion soup with a pastry crust. It was different, but good!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

It was so much fun. Probably the best one, yet. I always love spending time with my womb buddy!

Veronica @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows said...

That sounds amazing, Stacie! Our family talks about getting our pics in order, but I must have at least 15 years of pix still in boxes!!

Xoxo

Nama said...

Staci, your trip sounds wonderful! I love that you, your Mom and your sister do this together. How special. Loved the pictures. You look beautiful & that boot...LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!:)
Thanks for sharing your wonderful week-end. I would love to take time away like that to just pray, study, do something fun & eat out.:) Good for you!

Kimberly said...

I love your simple pages, just really letting the pictures tell the story. That's great that you could get away.

Related Posts with Thumbnails