Wednesday, March 16, 2011

More Cooking Lessons

I decided to make lasagna the other day. If I'm going to go through the trouble of making it, I always make two at a time. I actually do that with most casseroles then I stick the extra one in a freezer for a meal later, or if someone needs a meal. Very handy!

I asked Jess and Andrew if they would like to make their own lasagnas. They were very excited! They helped me prepare all the ingredients and then I showed them how to layer them. They did a fabulous job! Jessica went really crazy with the cheese, but how can you honestly have enough cheese? REALLY?
We turned one of these loaves of bread into garlic bread and Andrew helped me make the blueberry oatmeal crisp for dessert. He had even helped pick the blueberries last year, so it was ultra-satisfying for him!
I sauteed up some cabbage and Jess made us some buttered corn. The whole meal was very tasty!

My kids woke up to Mom flipping whole wheat pancakes with her new bicycle helmet on. My whistle and bathrobe made this ensemble complete!  We all had a good laugh.  I'm trying to think of silly things to do that they don't expect that doesn't take lots of energy.

Wish the weather were a bit warmer and the rain would go away. I can't wait to ride my bike in the sunshine!
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Rachel and Family said...

How great Jessica made a meal! And then more with Andrew. I'm going to show Ann today.

I am LOLing you with your bike helmet on!! You're such a good Momma! You do what it takes.

I made vegetarian Lasagna monday night and everyone hated it. Paul was offended. Hannah cried. David told me I need to make it like Stacie! Lesson learned.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

LOL! Now that makes me feel good!!!! Tell David, I would make it for him in a heartbeat if I could.

Ellen said...

The dinner looked wonderful! I LOVE your breakfast cooking ensemble♥ very spiffy!Has me thinking about possibilities....hhhmmm...♥

His bondservant said...

It all looks so good Stacie...love the early morning look too!

Wanting What I Have said...

Stacie, You ROCK! :)

RaD said...

Ha! Ha! That last picture gave me a good laugh. I'm sure your children enjoy it too.

I have no freezer room to make two of anything but if I did I'd surely be taking your advice there, especially since were are now officially in baseball/softball season and I need something ready when we get home late in the evenings.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Ooh, that's a fun look, LOL! I bet they loved that!

OK, so the last two meals had nothing green in them whatsoever. Just sayin, LOL. The do look scrumptious though :) An no, you cna never have too much cheese!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

The cabbage started off being green! No fair!

Catherine said...

You darling thing! How about looking for a blond wig at the thrift store. I love to pull mine out for surprises once in awhile. Your meals look like I should come over sometimes.

Jill said...

Just love sharing the moments of cooking with my girls!

Love the bike helmet, it gave me a smile I really needed today!

Blessings
Jill

Related Posts with Thumbnails