Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Lily Turns Two!


It has happened! My baby has turned two. How can it be? Where did the time go? I ask myself this when any of my children's birthdays comes around.

Dear Lily,

I want you to know how much I love you. You have brought joy to our lives. You make us laugh so hard. You are a delight to your family. You will always be the "baby".

I am so grateful that I have a second chance at having a girl. I get to dress you up pretty (if I can beat your sister to it) and put your hair in ponytails and whale spouts. I'm so glad you like to be girlie.

I am amazed how much you are looking like Jacob. I love your blond hair and blue eyes.

My sweet, even though you are pretty on the outside, my prayer is that you will be pretty on the inside. My hope is that you will grow in the Lord as you realize you become more aware of who He is. May the Lord keep you safe and sound as you continue to explore your world.

I love you so much, my darling daughter!

Mommy
Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

Ellen said...

Beautiful! Such a sweet letter for her to treasure always!

Mich said...

How precious she is...

Time goes by so fast.

candy said...

Happy Birthday my sweet girl.I love you Lil,you are truly a Blessing to me. Keep smiling your precious smile. Have a beautiful day,Lil. love Candy

Wanting What I Have said...

Happy Birthday Lily!!!! You have a wise mommy! :)

Mrs. Lukie said...

Happy Birthday, Lily!!

Rachel and Family said...

This makes me cry! How can she be 2 already??? You are so blessed!

Happy Birthday Lily!!

RaD said...

Awww... Happy Birthday Lily!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Lily! Birthdays are always bittersweet...time moves so fast!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Happy birthday to our Lily Pie! It must be weird celebrating a child's second birthday without a newborn in your arms ;) Wish I could give her a big birthday hug. You'll just have to do it for me. Tell her her Aunt Jackie loves her soooo much!

melanie said...

Happy Birthday beautiful girl! Wishing you all the very best in life!!!

h. rae said...

Aww! She's just a little doll! Two is such a cute age! Their personality really starts to show! Happy birthday to Lily!

Chelle said...

Happy birthday to your daughter. They do grow up so fast. I miss the baby days. My youngest will be four this June.

Kristin Bridgman said...

How precious! I miss the baby days too, well. . .somewhat:) My baby turned 18 last month. Enjoy every minute!

Lady Rose said...

Stacie,

Your daughter is too precious.

I also enjoyed reading the letter that you wrote for her. When she gets older, I hope that you will read it to her. :)

I am visiting your blog for the first time today.

-LR

OurLilFullFam said...

I cannot believe she is 2 already! Happy Birthday to her, and what a sweet letter as well!

Stephanie

Mama Hen said...

So sweet! She is just precious. I used to put "whale spouts" on my little girl also.

Thank you for your kind words on my blog today!

Related Posts with Thumbnails