Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Do Not Grow Weary

I have read this verse so many times, "Do not grow weary in doing good." But I have to confess, this morning as I was doing my devotions, I realized that I was weary. I started crying and asking God to help me.

For the past month and a half I have been pretty much on my own. Steve has had lots of out of town firefighter classes, meetings, Tae Kwon Do classes, and overtime. He is also faithful to workout two hours as day.  I think I have seen him maybe five waking hours each week for the past month and a half.

I have been dealing with so many different issues with the children. All six of them seem to be going through some kind of "stage". One child in particular has required so much disciplining that I feel so angry all day by his insolence and selfish attitude.

The other day as Steve was about to go to his Tae Kwon Do classes (he helps teach one, and then he goes to his own after that), I told him I needed help. I believe the bigger boys especially need him to spend time with them. I honestly think they are sick of me! Bless his heart, he skipped class and took both of them for a drive and out to dinner. They were different children when they came back. I recognized that I am not the only one needing him to be home a bit more. I think Steve is feeling it too. I'm grateful for that. It was cool to hear about their camping plans for the summer.

I have stepped up our homeschooling by being more consistent in our reading, doing an online typing course, and adding grammar and cursive. We used to get done around 11:00ish, now we are finishing around 1:30. I'm not used to this yet, nor are they. That has made it a bit rough, too. Anytime your routine is changed, it makes for conflict.

I would appreciate your prayers for me. I need the Lord to pour out His Spirit on me. Refresh my weary soul and give me a fresh and new vision. If I am to stop doing something, I need wisdom. Also, pray that my firefighter would be able to stay home a bit more. I really am not Super Woman!

Thanks for letting me share. I know and believe that God will provide everything I need. But it never hurts to send out an SOS.

11 comments:

Grandma Becky said...

It's not easy having the kids by yourself alot. I remember when Phil was working for another company, he travelled alot and sometimes he was gone for a week. Granted I only had two children and I homeschooled, it was hard at times as the husband and father are gone...we all needed him in different ways. I will pray for you and your family. Am glad God is providing a good job for Steve and glad he's able to make time for ya! Love and hugs.

Vanyah said...

Oh how I feel your pain, so glad God lead me to read your blog...for I too, I'm down and just over-whelmed with school, potty-training, packing, etc. and I'm doing it all without my love. I'ts been almost 6 weeks since he left for work and we COULDNT go with him ;'( We sold our house so I stayed behind packing!!! And I too, have one lil' child that wakes up every morning asking for it...unhappy all day. And YES my older boys are sick of me...they need a break from mom, sounds strange I know! I'll be praying for ya yes. ;~)

His bondservant said...

Stacie,
I will be praying for you my friend. I know so well some of the struggles you are going through. During those two deployments, the children's behaviour issues were much worse, especially my boys. They are designed to identify with their father and need desperately that time. Hang in there! God will provide the refreshment you need and you will see fruit from you continued faithfulness!

Catherine said...

My heart goes out to you, Stacie; I know it is nigh on to impossible to be all your kids need. They really do need two parents! By the time you read this God has heard and answered your prayers, I know. I am feeling the same about homeschooling, and the kids aren't even mine. I'm just ready for a break, some variety, some spice that is tasty! I'm switching things up in class for that reason. I'm praying for you, darlin'!

Amber said...

I am so relating to this! My husband is on a 6 month deployment and it has been rough. We are not even halfway through it yet. We had damage to our house and other issues that have been really stressful, especially with him gone. The children's behavior, I have a health issue...but I am fighting to draw closer to the Lord and be content. I am really noticing and appreciating all the things my husband normally takes care of now. Oh, friend, I understand and am praying for you. ;)

Kristin Bridgman said...

I came across your blog through someone else's. I see your SOS. I said a prayer for you. I homeschooled for 14 years, only 2, but I remember having days like this. But, I would not trade those 14 years for anything! It will get better:) And I love that your husband gave up classes to take the kiddos out, bravo for him!

Wanting What I Have said...

Praying for you dear friend! Blessings!

Chelle said...

I will pray for you. I remember when my husband worked third shift. He slept all day, beacause he drove a semi truck so he neede sleep, would get up eat then go to work. I had one child who was really bad during that year. I know what you are going through.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Thank you so much for all the wonderful comments. I will be praying for each of you as well.

Today has been a better day. I left the kiddos home with their dad and went shopping and did a bunch of errands. I even bought myself five primroses. The colors were so lovely, I couldn't help myself.

JuRita said...

Thank you for being transparent Stacie. I love seeing fruit from my husband taking initiative with our kids...
What a blessing to have husbands that respond when we do need help. I thought of your blog today when I was WEARY...(almost an understatement) Have a great week!

Camille said...

I missed this post my friend. I will be praying for you even though you say you've turned a corner...keep relying on the LORD moment by moment...HE is your portion. Please see ~ Isaiah 40:31, Isaiah 41:10, Jermiah 29:11-14a and Psalm 46 (All precious verses to me...may the LORD use them to bless you too!)

In His Love,
Camille

Related Posts with Thumbnails