Friday, March 18, 2011

The Company I Keep

Let me be known by the company I keep
By the One who determines each day that I greet
From the moment I wake til He rocks me to sleep
Let me be known by the company I keep!

Let me be known by the company I keep
When the valleys are low and the mountains are steep
By the One who holds fast when swift waters are deep
Let me be known by the company I keep!

Let me be known for the company I keep
By the One who implores me to sit at His feet
And quickens my soul to discern what is deep
Let me be known by the company I keep!

Let me be known by the company I keep
Eclipsed by your presence that I may decrease
Til all You have chosen this traveler to meet
 No longer see me but the Company I keep!

-Beth Moore

I just finished "Living Beyond Yourself" a study on the Fruit of the Spirit. It was my second time through this study and I think I enjoyed even more this time.

I have been challenged in so many ways. My actions, my thinking, my parenting, my marriage. Everything is affected when I am not filled with His Spirit.

My new prayer is to LOVE. If I can love, I can forgive. If I can love, I will have patience. If I can love, I will find joy and so on and so on.

Oh, the Lord is so good to me! What would I ever do without Him?

My next study is going to be on Revelation. I am looking forward to learning more and more of a seemingly confusing book of the Bible.

11 comments:

Ellen said...

I really like this poem! I found a Beth Moore book at the local used book store..I had never read her before..am looking forward to it.:)

Mich said...

Loved that study.

Happy weekend!

Jenn said...

Beth Moore has amazing studies!

h. rae said...

Hi Stacie,

I certainly enjoyed reading that poem. How true it is! A person really is known by the company he keeps. Thank God for good, wise, and studious people to glean from and keep company with!

Grandma Becky said...

I loved the poem you shared. Revelation is an interesting book of the Bible. I read it in Dec. in my chronological Bible reading. And for the first time I actually got it, after all these years of reading it! I've done the chronological Bible for 5 years, not conseuctively, and it does make a difference the more times you read it. Great book!

Catherine said...

I love that poem, her studies, and I look forward to doing a study with you sometime in our future too.

Sarah said...

Stacie I loved that your new prayer is for love. How simple but true!

Thank you for sharing that lovely poem! I often lament that I have no other 'real' person in my life to encourage me in faith but I do get a great deal of encouragement through other ladies who blog!

God Bless

His bondservant said...

What a great poem...thanks for sharing that. And you are right...love covers a multitude of sins doesn't it? It will take care of so many things if we just love as Christ told us too. Great post!

...they call me mommy... said...

Love this!! :) Really enjoy the photo of you making pancakes in your robe & bike helmet also! :P Way to go, Mom!! :)

Veronica @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows said...

Stacie,

I loved reading your thoughts...how simple yet poignant...learning to love...if we can love we can do the rest. Thank you for this much needed reminder this morning. The timing was perfect. God is so faithful and he used you for me.

xoxo,
Veronica

Anne said...

I really enjoyed that poem.

Related Posts with Thumbnails