Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Plain Silly and Thoughts on Being a Fun Mom

It has been pretty serious lately on my blog, so I thought I would lighten things up a bit.

I went into the living room the other day and was surprised to see Snickers dressed like a girl! Of course, Jessica did it.
Lily couldn't get over it! So funny! Poor Snickers, she just looked beat. LOL!
A couple days before that, Jessica ran into the house and said, "A bird just pooped on me!". HUH? I couldn't believe it, she held out her hand and showed me a perfectly formed piece of poop that had landed on her as she was playing outside. I can honestly say that I have never had that happen to me! We laughed and laughed.
This isn't silly, instead it is just too sweet. Lily fell asleep on the couch. She doesn't take naps that often anymore, so sometimes we find her in the cutest places. They just look so innocent and peaceful as they recharge their batteries. I can't believe she is almost two years old.

Sometimes you just have to laugh at life. I am entirely too serious. It is hard for me to find that balance of being a stern disciplinarian and an easy, go-lucky mom. I take my job very seriously. I know my time is limited with my kids, but I need to make room for more fun. I need to do this daily. Help me, Lord!
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

melaniek said...

Loved the pictures! Poor Snickers and Jessica, lol, I don't think I've ever had a bird poop on me like that. And Lily is just too cute! Makes me want to go nap on the couch. Hope the weather is warming up for you out there and I pray your foot is healing well.

RaD said...

I feel the same way, sometimes I am just too serious!

Last year Elisha's baseball team only won 4 games the whole season, but the year before we got third in the playoffs. Someitmes it is not a matter of whether or not your boys' coach knows what he is doing. We miss his old coach (from two years ago) but it looks as though this year's coach is going to be a good one. He's had one practice and I saw a change in his throwing already. He's never been able to throw with heat. On Saturday he HAD to show me what he had learned, I was totally surprised.

Anyways, that was a long little piece of uh... life :) Hopefully next time your boys will get a great coach who really knows how to teach them the skills they need.

Sarah said...

Haha! Stacie the photograph of your dog all dressed up, is just hilarious!

I couldn't believe that, that was Lily napping on your sofa I thought it was Jacob at first glance...they are so alike!

Glad you are making time for more fun...I also need to remind myslef to do this at times.

God Bless

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Very cute pics! I love seeing you laugh more :) Great reminder, Stace!

His bondservant said...

My children have always liked dressing up animals as well. Lately, they like to make her a bed in the den and then cover her up. I doubt she likes that too much with all her hair, but she is a good dog. The pictures are just too cute...especially Lily sleeping. Laughter is good medicine.

candy said...

I remember shortly after Dennis got his job at aluminum plant,they had a picnic at John Day Park. Dennis kept saying I am wearing a hat those seaguls are not pooping on my head. We get there and he pulls his hat on tighter and we take just a few steps and BAM,Seagul poop all running down his neck. Missed his head though. FUNNY...bird stories. Dennis seems to be the target always.
So happy to hear you happy. Life is normal again.Love you

JuRita said...

Thank you for sharing Stacie ... So precious. :-)

Catherine said...

The pics are darling, and I pray for you in the 'lighten up and live' department, Stacie!

Mich said...

Funny stuff. Poor doggie.

Jill said...

This certainly made me smile... my girls dress up our yellow lab all the time and she is such a great sport about it. :-)

Have a great afternoon!

Blessings,
Jill

Camille said...

Sweet post Stacie. What a cutie pie your little Lily is. :)

Jenn said...

oh that poor dog...this just made me laugh! What fun!

Robin said...

I guarantee that you will NOT regret the days you spent laughing and playing with your kids.

Those were the best years of my life - so far. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails