Saturday, February 12, 2011

Our Valentine's Day Craft

Jessica thrives on doing crafts and is constantly begging me to do them. I have to admit, I would rather not even bother. I do not like messes and the little ones really make some big ones.

I thought of something easy:

  • A bunch of pink and red patterned paper scraps
  • a pencil
  • scissors
  • embroidery string
  • a hole punch

Cut out a basic heart on cardstock and let them trace it on the backs of the pretty scrap paper.
Cut out the heart and then punch a hole through it. Cut a piece of string and then tie it like you would a Christmas ornament.
Even the three year old was helpful and was so excited to be a part of it.  We hung it on the twigs in my favorite glass vase.
I love all the different patterns!

Miss Lily liked hanging them on the twigs. I think I might do the same thing for St. Patrick's Day, only with shamrocks. I could use a bunch of different green patterns. Fun!!!!

P.S. Is anyone having trouble commenting on my blog? My friend says she is getting some pretty nasty error messages. Just wondering if anyone else is. Please comment and let me know (if you can) LOL!
Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

Farmgirl Cyn said...

So cute! And not too messy, either! Kids really DO love to be creative, don't they?

Chelle said...

I have children who love to craft too. I think the tree looks really cute. Adds love to your home.

Jennifer said...

love this and your last post

Wanting What I Have said...

What a GREAT idea!!! And so cute! Please tell Jess she is adorable in that first photo - her grin - it's contagious!!!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Very cute!

RaD said...

How cute!

Leslie said...

What a lovely idea! I might just have to copy it. :)

Oh, and I can, obviously, post just fine.

melaniek said...

So cute!

Catherine said...

I love your tree and the fact that I've learned how to post a comment again!

Sarah Slaven said...

Very cute tree we don't often do craft for Valentines day but I might try this one.

Trina said...

LOVE IT!!! I might just steal the idea for this afternoon when Olivia goes back down!

h. rae said...

That's an adorable little "love tree." Darling!

I just popped in to say Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours! I hope your day is filled with love and joy.

candy said...

Hey Stacie cute idea.It looks really good in the vase.LOL
Love you.

wyatt said...

that was a COOL project did you do something else fun

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Not too much fun. Just hanging out with the kiddos and staying busy with our homeschooling.

Related Posts with Thumbnails