Thursday, January 6, 2011

Ups and Downs

I have had much practice for "Believing God" in the last month. I can't believe it has been a month since my foot surgery. I am astounded that I have laid in bed and on the couch for 30 days! I must confess, I'm not very good at it. I am used to running around, being busy, and doing things for myself. This dependence thing, stinks!

I keep asking God to reveal the lessons that He wants me to learn. So much of it is "Be still and wait". Another biggie is doubt. I have had so many doubts of whether I did the right thing or not. My mind has become a battlefield. If I don't take certain thoughts captive, I can be consumed with negative thinking.

When people ask me how I'm doing, I am one to be honest. I am struggling. I have good days and I have bad days. I am learning to ask God for what I need. If I'm feeling lonely, I need to ask Him, "Lord, bring me a friend today." He has done it! If I'm in terrible pain, I ask Him, "Lord, help me get through this hour and eventually this day." He does it. I have survived.

I'm so thankful that He had me do the "Believing God" Bible study at this season of my life. He knew I would need that daily encouragement. I'm sad that it has ended, but am looking forward to studying Revelation with Beth in a new DVD lecture series called, "Here and Now".
Christmas came and went. Jessica got this beautiful handmade old-fashioned nightgown from her Nana Diana. It is a little long, but she still wears it all day long. It is very pretty.
Lily loved ripping open presents (even ones that weren't hers)! She was adorable to watch and we all enjoyed it.

I am so blessed to have so many family and friends nearby. It is so HUGE when they swing by for an hour or two and help out with the little ones. "Helpless" is the word that keeps coming to my mind. I feel very helpless when it comes to disciplining and breaking up fights and such. When people come by, I sic them on the kids and they have to obey! People have also helped out with other things like clean my room, make the beds, give a haircut to a kid, meals, steam-cleaned my floors, and so many more things.

Whether I'm up or down, I still need to always be clinging to Christ my Savior. He loves me and He knows what I need. I just need to ask Him.

Blessings my friends!
Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

Amy said...

Lots of prayers for you. I hope that you are up and about soon.

Thanks for sharing the pictures of Christmas. Love that nightgown. My Bri loves long nightgowns.

Have a good day.

Mich said...

prayers as you continue to mend.

Love Beth Moore studies and how God uses her in a mighty way.

Jill said...

Keeping you in my prayers that you will be back to your activities and feeling better soon! Love your daughter's nightgown, looks so pretty and comfy!
Blessings,
Jill

Camille said...

Oh Stacie...I am so sorry you are having such a tough time of it right now...BUT...I *hear* the LORD through it all...keep on looking to HIM for all you need. What a blessing that Jackie is coming over for a few days...what a wonderful thing it is that you have each other!

I will be praying for you both and the children (and your husbands) especially on this day.

Sending you (((hugs))) all the way from Canada my friend!

Love,
Camille

Isaiah 41:10
Jermiah 29:11-14a

Catherine said...

Hey, Sweetie, you look good, and I pray you are doing well today!

christy rose said...

Stacie, I just came over from Jackie's. She said you had surgery and were having some struggles with recovery and that she was coming in a few days to help out with the kids and everything. Isn't it wonderful that God gives us family to love and care for one another! I can not imagine how hard it must have been for you to manage your household over the Christmas season being laid up from surgery. I will be praying for you! God Bless,
Christy

His bondservant said...

Stacie,

So sorry you are still feeling poorly. I know so much of what you feel having gone through my physical ailments that have kept me housebound and bed bound too. I don't do well with the dependence thing either! But, God is so loving and He taught me so much through those valleys. I will be praying for you my friend...and your family as you continue to recover.
The Lord's blessings on you,
Jackie

kathy said...

Hi Stacie, I will continue to pray for you! It must be so hard to not be running around! I know it would be for me!

melaniek said...

I've been thinking of and praying for you lately. I hope your recovery is going well as frustrating as depending on others can be. For some reason after my c-sections I tend to try and be the person who smiles through the pain and not ask for help, I am going to have to take a leaf from your book and remember to ask for help this time around. So not only is this another lesson in your life, I think the Lord is teaching through you too!

Kimberly said...

Praying that you'll soon be up and about- Love the night gown, big is just fine as they seem to "shrink" so fast!

Tina said...

Praying for you. I've taken a break from spending so much time on the computer and hadn't seen your blog in a while. I didn't realize that you'd had surgery. (Shame on me!) :) I'll be praying for you. (Thank you for offering the email subscription too. I've signed up so I can keep up with you now.)
Love your pictures and always love your posts! :)
In His love,
Tina

Ellen said...

Praying for you Stacie!♥

Fire fighter said...

Emergency medical technician (EMT) software is designed to train EMT professionals. These professionals
are trained to take care of emergency medical situations arising due to accidents, fires or any other incident at home or workplace causing injuries. These professionals are not exact paramedic even though their work is somehow similar to that of a paramedic Normally ambulances are staffed by at least one staff
with EMT 4 training accompanied by EMT 2 or EMT 3 training. The ambulance driver is also trained in basic EMT skills.

Grandma Becky said...

My continued thoughts and prayers for your healing and patience.It will soon be all over. Love the long nightgown. It's easier to keep your feet warm that way!
Hugs!

LizyBeth said...

I'm praying for you and I Hope that the remainder of your recovery is fast!

Sarah said...

I hope that you feel much better soon Stacie! I will pray for you as you continue to heal after your surgery.

I love Lilys pretty dress...how sweet!

Happy New Year to you and your family.

Related Posts with Thumbnails