Sunday, January 23, 2011

No Crutches!!!!

Look at me go!

Yesterday was the first time I was able to shower with both feet on the ground! I also took my first steps without any crutches or boot. I got a little video of this momentous occasion!

I have pretty much been walking around without crutches around the house. I can go slow here and take my time. It is good for my big toe get stretched some. When I go out and have to walk distances I bring use them crutches. Not overdoing it is a big problem for me. I'm kind of an over-achiever.

I went to the doctor that actually did my surgery and he gave me a completely different recovery plan. He said I didn't need to be in wretched boot for five more weeks. He gave me an orthopedic shoe, which gives the same support, but allows my ankle to flex. That means I will be driving again a LOT sooner than I thought! Yeah! Freedom is at hand! He also saw the my big toe was moving over to the right again so he put a huge foam wedge between the toes and taught me how to tape it. I am so thankful! The boot was causing huge blisters at my incision site. They wouldn't heal and it was quite painful. Now that I am out of the boot the circulation is flowing better and I have experiencing way less swelling! Yea! I don't have "cankles" anymore!

I can't believe how much I have improved in just a day! I can't stop praising the Lord for letting me see this doctor at just the right time! Thank you for all your prayers!!!!!

14 comments:

Catherine said...

That foot is doing the MLK freedom march/praise: Free at last, free at last; thank God Almighty, I'm free at at last!

RaD said...

Yay! Glad to hear you have so many improvements in so little time!

Kimberly said...

Yippee! No stopping you now! PTL!!!

Mich said...

Yeah! So happy that you are continuing to mend. You will be running in no time.

Wanting What I Have said...

Wooo hooo!!! I am SO EXCITED and HAPPY for you!!! YOu go girl!

And I have to tell you, I don't know why, but during church this morning that video of Jess popped into my head and I almost lost control laughing. I still can't think of her skating and not crack up! That girl has got GUTS!!! :)

caz1975 said...

Glad your recovery is going well, I can only imagine how frustrating it must be to have been immobile for so long!

Ellen said...

Stacie...so glad to read and see that you are recovering well!♥

Grandma Becky said...

So happy to see you walking again and that your progress is great! Thanks be to God! Take care and don't over do it! :o) Hugs!

His bondservant said...

Stacie,

So very happy for you my friend. I know what a relief this must be for you. Rejoicing in the Lord with you over your recovery!

Margaret said...

That is fantastic. I am thrilled for your freedom. I did see Jen(your boot lover lady) at ski school yesterday at Mt. Hood Meadows but it took me awhile to recognize who she was. We just stared at each other and then the light bulb went off later. I am curious what she will think. :-)

Glad Friday was such a victory for you. hugs and kisses. We had a blast yesterday but exhausted today.:-)

Jenn said...

Yeah! I'm so happy for you! But, don't overdo it! :)

Camille said...

Yippee!!! What good news that you will be able to drive sooner too...that's wonderful! :)

Tina said...

Wonderful! Praising God with you!
In His love,
Tina

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I'm just thrilled for you, Stace! It is so good to see you walking again. Can't believe it is so soon. God is good! Praise Him for His healing :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails