Thursday, January 20, 2011

Light Duties

About two days after having the pin removed from my foot, I started feeling quite a bit better. I am actually up and walking around some with the boot on. I have my walker and crutches for support, but many times I "cheat" and just walk on it if it isn't too far of a distance.

I have found the skirts are the only way to go. I hate sweat pants, and the flowing material of a skirt is easier to get on and off.

I am performing light cooking duties (mostly reheating) and serving. The kids are still a bit help and Lily is in heaven as she gets to go for "rides" on my walker.

Yes, that is still a whistle hanging around my neck. It has been such a huge help when I can't walk to go find a kid. They can hear it in every room of the house and outside as well. It has kept me from yelling. It is embarrassing though when I discovered that I am in church and I am still wearing it when I am all dressed up! It doesn't exactly go!

I can't tell you how much I miss cooking! I am going to attempt a crock pot creamy chicken dish tomorrow when my mom and step dad come for the weekend. Should be very easy. Dump and stir. Oh, yeah, that is my kind of meal!

These kids are not used to having Mom back on her game. The first day was awful. I had to discipline like crazy, but it was worth it, because the next day, they were awesome! They had such servant's hearts and weren't mouthing off. I think they are enjoying having me be part of their lives again. I was pretty isolated there for awhile when I was stuck in the bedroom for weeks on end.

I love this picture of Jacob and his cousin Hailey. I can't believe how great these two kids get along! The only thing we have to watch is them getting along too well! We caught them kissing a couple of times. Yikes! We don't need kissin' cousins! We have been so blessed to have my sister come and stay for two visits. She has been a HUGE help to me. Looking forward to another visit at the beginning of February.

 
Little Miss Lily Pie has turned a corner as well. I can't believe she is 22 months already! Her hair is growing in big time. Jessica had the idea to put her hair in two pig tails. Oh, we all just loved it! She has also been talking, talking, talking, talking, and talking some more. I think she talks more than all of her siblings put together! She is so cute and it is amazingly clear. It is almost impossible to watch a movie when she is awake, because she starts singing her favorite song, "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star", and then she starts telling us about the baby, horsey, or anything else she sees in the movie. She does all of this very loudly! It is so funny!
She is so happy to have her mommy back. We have lots of snuggle time.
It is amazing how much of a difference it makes when you are not in constant pain. My outlook seems more hopeful and I am excited about practicing all of the things God is teaching me. I feel more positive and love the fact that I can do a few things around the house again. It is less stress on our marriage as well. I think Steve is much relieved to not always having to be on the kids to clean up their messes.

Steve is able to get more overtime, which makes him a happier man. I think he has to pass up 4 or five shifts. I could tell it was killing him! You firewives out there know what I'm talking about! LOL!

I also have revamped my home school during the past few weeks. The kids are really excited about it as they are new receiving grades and we are backing out of phonics and grammar for awhile. We are studying more of the fun stuff like health, ancient history, world geography and science. We are reading more, too. I have had more time to be consistent and it is paying off. Attitudes have never been better and a willingness to learns seems prevalent by all of them.

The Lord is so good to me. I am thankful for so many of His blessings! Thanks for letting me share my heart.

Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Catherine said...

It is all good, Stacie! I'm so glad this is nearer the end than the beginning. But then, so are you.

Rachel and Family said...

Glad to see you posted this morning. What a great post! Just makes me miss you all the more.
You're looking fabulous, walker and all :)

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Isn't my walker cute? LOL!

Trisha said...

Such good news, Stacie! I'm truly thrilled for you that the worst is over, and I know that wonderful feeling of slowly getting back into the swing of things. May God continue to bless you with healing, sweet fellowship with Him, and precious memories made with your family. :)

Kimberly said...

Yay!!! And she's up!!!

candy said...

You know how bummed we were when Dr. said 6 more weeks of recovery..Sounds like it is going well.Please don't over do. Just stay on foot a little at a time.Love you.I'm glad kids are doing better.

Wanting What I Have said...

Now Stacie, you watch yourself in that racy red scooter!!! :)

I am so happy for you that you're back up and getting around. I love the story about the whistle around your neck in church! Hilarious!!! And I am so encouraged personally and for you that your consistency with the children has paid off so well. Praise the Lord!

I hope your chicken dish turns out delicious!!! And hooray for Steve for sticking it out! My man would have been dying! :)

Jill said...

So happy to hear things are going well for you and you are getting back on your feet. Keeping you in my prayers for a full recovery soon!
Blessings,
Jilll

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Where do I begin?

Love the pics of everyone. Lily's pig tails are adorable!

Yes, Jacob and Hailey do get along a little too well. Extra vigilance on our part will be a must in the years to come!

Just so excited that you are getting back into the fray with such an awesome attitude.

Love you, sis, and looking forward to our next visit!

...they call me mommy... said...

So glad you are able to get up and about! :) Praise the Lord! :) I totally understand the bit about firefighter hubby's...I think the same blood might run in the veins of all emergency service types! LOL! :) I have 4 EMS people and 1 volunteer firefighter in dh and 3 of his siblings! :) That's a lot of adrenaline, if you ask me! :-D Thank God for these people that work in these fields!!! :) It's a gift.

Mich said...

I know it feels good to just be doing something. Been there. After weeks of recovering from surgery last summer, laundry even looked fun...but only for a day. :)

Love all the cute pictures of the kiddos.

Camille said...

Lovely post Stacie! *SO* glad to read that you are feeling much better and the pain is manageable...what a blessing!! What a journey you have been on! Your photos are wonderful...your Lily is very adorable...of course! :)

Yippee for being *on top of things* with the children...way to go!! :)

Many blessings to you my friend!
With Love,
Camille

Related Posts with Thumbnails