Saturday, January 29, 2011

A Gross Experiment

This has got to be one of the grossest things my kids have ever done. We have watched a lot of "Survivorman" lately. Lee Stroud talks about boiling his water and making it pure. Josh decided to try it. He grabbed a handful of dirt, put it in a pot of water and boiled it. I made him take the big chunks out and taught him how to use a cheesecloth. By the end of the process it still looked murky.  He said he wanted to make hot chocolate out of it. I told him, "I don't know...", But you know boys. "It's fine, Mom", he says. Ugh! Here's a little video of the end result (Sorry Facebookers, you will to click on "View Original Post" to see this video).  He ended up raving about how wonderful it was!
video
 Um, this is worse than when they got the brilliant idea to put maple syrup on their spaghetti. They had watched "Elf" and thought it might be good. I actually let them (don't know why) and they went on and on and on about how "wonderful" it was.


I guess this is what makes homeschooling fun! Even though I think it might be horrid, I guess they sometimes  have to learn on their own.

11 comments:

melaniek said...

Yum, dirt! lol, I used to eat sand as a toddler so I really can't say much. :)

LizyBeth said...

Kids! That is too funny! :)

Jennifer said...

I think it's cool you let them do that but even cooler that they will try it....tell them they are awesome!!!! My boys throw fits over "real" food!!!!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

OK, I want to see the video where he actually tries it!

Josh is so funny. You can tell he's been watching too much of "Cake Boss"!

Wanting What I Have said...

:) Rock on Josh!!! You're a cool mom, Stacie!

Catherine said...

Well, if they ever find themselves lost or without supplies out in the wilderness they know what to do...I guess. They are funny, aren't they?

Mich said...

My son loves that show too.

Boys will be boys! At least now you know he could make hot chocolate and survive in the jungle. :)

His bondservant said...

My boys would absolutely love this Stacie!!!

Jill said...

Lol, Great to encourage this learning, you never know when you may need it, lol. Love that kids are enjoying being kids. :-)
Blessings,
Jill

Camille said...

LOL!!! Just don't tell my boys! Ha! :)

Have a wonderful week my friend!
Love,
Camille

Grandma Becky said...

How funny and I remember things my son did. How about a toothpaste sandwich? He put it on bread with peanut butter. Not just one corner but all of it. His dad made him eat the whole thing. He warned him at the beginning! He was in his teens and survived! :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails