Thursday, January 13, 2011

Black Marker Blues and an Update

Oh, this was bad. Lily came into my room with black marker all over her. She decided to use it as make up and put it eat it.
She looked like something out of a horror-film!
When people stop by to visit, I try to think of things that they could do for me. Poor Corina got roped into giving Josh a haircut. She had never done one before, so it was fun teaching her. She also swept the floor for me and helped with the dishes.

A lady from church called me today and said she was dropping off KFC. What a sweetie! I am astounded at the little things and big things God is doing in all of this. It is like He is longing to delight me. I just need to open my eyes to see the blessings.

I am starting a new Beth Moore Bible study today. I've done it before, but felt the need to do repeat it. It is called "Living Beyond Yourself" studying the Fruits of the Spirit. I am really needing to focus on living in the Spirit now. God has revealed some strongholds and I know that I can't manage on my own. I need Him in every way so that I can respond with intentional love and kindness when baited.

Because of all my down-time, I have been able to really focus more on the Lord and pray and reflect on things that the Lord is revealing to me.

On an end note, I am hoping that the x-rays will show that my foot has healed enough to take the pin out on Friday. It will be good to have that out of there! I'm still freaked out about them pulling it out, but I know God will get me through it.
Posted by Picasa

20 comments:

Wanting What I Have said...

:) Ha ha ha ha ha....hee hee hee!!! :) Sweet Lily. That is too funny!!!!!

I will be praying for your appointment.

Love you, friend!

Catherine said...

Goodness, gracious, great balls of fire! Lily is a character, but she DOES take after you! And that is meant is ALL sweetness, you know. I fantasized about that KFC and slaw all evening!!

Amy said...

Oh my. I had to chuckle at this. She is so cute.

Lots of prayers for your appointment.

Mary R. said...

Blessings on you! Cute pics.

...they call me mommy... said...

Oh dear. Sounds like something my Ella would DELIGHT in doing! :)

Praying for you, Stacie!!!! Lord, please help those x-rays to show a strong, completely healed foot, in Jesus name!!

((HUGS))

Mich said...

I have done the Beth Moore, "fruit of the spirit" study. AWESOME!

Glad you have lots of help these days. Praying...

LizyBeth said...

Lily is too cute! "Living Beyond Yourself" is a great study... prepare to be stretched even more. :) I'll be praying for you on Friday! Don't worry about a "little" pin in your toe, you've delivered six babies, you can do anything! ;)

Veronica @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows said...

What a doll Lily is!

Hope the x-ray show what your hoping for!
Xoxo

candy said...

I love your comments.Love the one Dont worry about a little pin. That is a big pin but she is right you had 6 babes and I also know our God is Bigger. I pray you will be amazed how much he helps us.Youve already had so many awesome amazing things during this time,this one will be another.Trust in Him,my friend. I love you.

RaD said...

Ouchie, ouchie, I can't even imagine. Close your eyes, K?

I have a picture of my daughter in kindergarten who took the markers and gave herself lipstick and eye shadow and two big X's on her cheeks. She thought she looked pretty. Why she thought the markers could double as make-up I have no idea. Even though you were frustrated that day at least you took a picture to laugh at years from now!

Camille said...

Oh. Dear. Me! That Lily is tooooo cute!!! But, she does look much better without *make-up*! I prefer the *natural* look. LOL!

About that pin coming out...I will pray for you that the LORD will make it go well and that you will not find it difficult at all.

With Love,
Camille

Kara said...

feel better soon! Wish I had more pictures of my little ones with marker/paint/makeup/desitin mishaps! :)

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Oh, she looks like a goth doll or something. Oh man! Great pics though :)

I'm praying you'll doing great with the pin. Just think of it as a giant sliver about to come out and how much better it is going to feel. Sure hope it'll be ready to pull tomorrow!

God is so good. I'm so excited to see how he is meeting your ever need and I'm proud to have been there with you when God revealed that stronghold to you. I know you will have victory!!!

Grandma Becky said...

Oh my, Lily is so funny looking. You had to laugh, I'm sure! Will be praying that you can get your pin out and feeling better. Glad you have friends to help out.
By the way we have a new little grandson born on Sunday. Interesting birthdate, 1/9/11. Maybe he'll be a fireman? Hugs and blessings to you!

kathy said...

How cute is Lily! They do such funny things!

mommyx12 said...

She is too cute. Sometimes I wonder at the things kids think of doing!! They never cease to surprise me.

christy rose said...

OMGoodness! She is absolutely adorable!! Love the big yellow comb too! It fits the whole scene perfectly!

Praying your appointment goes well and you are able to continue recovering.

Tina said...

You'll treasure those pictures! :) How funny. I'll be great fun showing those to her when she's older. :)
(I have some photos of when my oldest, now 16, decided her belly & arms would be beautiful black - thank you Mr. Magic Marker.) :)
Hope your appointment went well. Praying for you!
In His love,
Tina

Robin said...

LOL. Lily is even cute with THAT on her face.

I love the first pic.

OurLilFullFam said...

Oh, that is a funny picture. I know funnier here than out there, right?

Someone here once wrote their name on the bathroom wall with mascara!

Stephanie

Related Posts with Thumbnails