Sunday, January 2, 2011

Believing God


Dear Mothers,

I am doing a new Beth Moore Bible study called, “Believing God: Experiencing a Fresh Explosion of Faith”. Oh my, has it been eye-opening!

I have been faced over and over with the question, “Am I really believing God for this situation?”. I have realized that when it comes to some areas in my life, I have been living in constant defeat. There are so many things that I haven't even bothered to pray about because I didn't think the situation or person would change. What kind of faith is that? It isn't faith, plain and simple.

I have been challenged to memorize five statements that will help me remember how to live a victorious life. Ready? Here we go...

1. God is who He says He is.


2. God can do what He says He can do.


3. I am who God says I am.


4. I can do all things through Christ.


5. God's Word is alive and active in me.

If I truly believed these things when a trial comes into my life, how can I fail? How can I doubt His goodness to me? How can I live in defeat?

Here's an example. Back in January, I had listened to a beautiful Christmas song. I felt the Lord say, “I want you to sing that song.”. I bought it and tried to sing it once. I couldn't sing it for 10 months because of my vocal nodules. Back in September, I believed the Lord was still saying, “Stacie, you are still going to sing that song for Christmas.” I had such a hard time believing Him. I could barely croak out a note! As I continued with my vocal therapy, my confidence started coming back. I started believing that MAYBE I could do it. In faith, I went ahead and asked to be put on the schedule for December. I kept practicing, but my faith grew weaker as I still was having trouble hitting some of the higher notes. I knew my voice was about 85 percent better, but not fully restored. I chickened out a week before and decided (without praying) to switch to a more comfortable song. I even went as far as to arrange for a pianist. But after reading Laurie's article on faith in last month's Calvary Call, I was immediately convicted. I tried to run from it, but couldn't. God was clearly speaking to me and said, “You are not trusting me with this. You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you.” I told God I was sorry and switched songs again. I had a whole week for God to strengthen my faith as I practiced and practiced. The day came, God was with me on that stage and enabled me to sing it well, not perfect, but well (He likes to keep me humble, too). He proved that “He can do what He says He can do.”

I am so thankful that I believed Him for this situation. I would have missed out on the incredible blessing of seeing what He can do through this weak vessel. He is so good and faithful to us. He is longing to prove himself to us.

I want to ask you something, “Are you believing GREAT things from Him or little things?” Because if we only ask Him for the little things, that is what we are going to get! We need to start trusting Him with the bigger things. We need to believe Him for saved and transformed lives of friends and family. We need to believe in God's healing power, not just physically, but emotionally and spiritually. There are so many hurting people in this world that need God's touch. Are we truly believing that they can be healed?

Dearest ladies, are we believing God for the future of our children and grandchildren? Are we believing that they are going to be Kingdom-Laborers, living affective lives in their generation?

Again I say, start believing God for the BIG things! He is BIG and He wants to do BIG things in your life.

Do you believe Him?

From One Mom to Another,

14 comments:

RaD said...

I totally needed this today, thank you for posting it. We have set some big (God led) goals for our this year and I feel defeated when I think about them too hard. But then I read this and God says, "Are you still doubting Me?"

Grandma Becky said...

I believe God works in my life and I step out in faith to do it. I waiting to hear what He has for me this year!

Catherine said...

I spoke this morning in Jay's class (because he is sick) about setting goals and making our lives count for God. Believing Him is just the beginning!! I love it, and I can hardly wait to do this study again. It should come this week.

Arrington Family News said...

I was just thinking about SPECIFIC things I want to pray over each of my four children believing that God will do what He says He will do! Thanks for the encouragement!

Veronica @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows said...

What a God inspired post, Stacie. Thank you! One I can see myself rereading.

I needed this badly right about now.

Thanks, also, for the prayers. You are a dear friend. God bless you and I will also pray for you.

XOXO,
Veronica

Chelle said...

I really needed this today. Lately I have been feeling that God has forgotten about me. But I know he hasn't. I am exited about what God is going to do in my life this year.

LizyBeth said...

What an amazing testimony! :)
It reminds me of Dr. Tackett's "haunting question" throughout the Truth Project- "Do you Really believe that what you believe is really REAL?" He often follows up with, "If you did how would that affect your life?" Life is radically different when you live out what you believe!

Cassandra-ann said...

Oh Stacey I LOVED this post, Thank you so much for sharing it. It was something that i have been thinking about often lately and reading your post is just what i needed to read.

Cassandra xx

Anna said...

Thanks for the encouragement Stacie. I needed to hear this. Hope you are healing well after surgery. Happy New Year to you and your lovely family. Blessings, Anna

kathy said...

I have come to a place where I do have faith that if it's Gods will He can do anything! It also helps knowing that He is in control and knows the 'whole picture'.
Thanks for sharing Stacie :)

Amber said...

As always, such encouraging posts pointing us to Him! I am so glad things went so well with your foot and that you have been blessed by others throughout your recovery. Praying for Steve...

Joyfullmoms Journal said...

Thank you for this........I needed it today.Thanks for sharing.

Michelle (She Looketh Well) said...

OH! I absolutely loved that bible study! God used it to set me free hugely! I think it was the summer of 2006, my 40th birthday. I wanted to remember that summer because of that study! Bless her, Father, increase her faith, pour out Your Spirit!

Margaret said...

Great post. I am catching up on reading. I need to keep getting it done. I let too many distractions get in the way.

Related Posts with Thumbnails