Monday, December 13, 2010

Update On Stacie

Hi there! This is Stacie's twin sis, Jackie. I'm staying with Stacie this week while she is recovering from her surgery. She wanted me to get on here and give a little update.

Her surgery went well and she is now at home recovering. It has been difficult to keep the kids out of her room, especially the little one, Lilly. Since I got here, she's been doing better and calling me mama. Good thing we are identical twins because I think she feels really comfortable with me. I'm getting lots of "sugar" from her this way ;)

Stacie is still in a great deal of pain, especially at night, but hopefully that will get better soon. She basically had her toe broken, bunion shaved and now there is a pin sticking out of the top of her bid toe, holding it all together. It is hard not to bump the pin. Please pray the swelling will stay down.

She feels that God is providing all her needs through meals, a nice walker and help when she needs it. She wants me to thank you for all the prayers and asks that you continue to pray because it is going to be long road to full recovery.

God Bless,
Jackie

P.S. She wanted to clarify that when she said "It's a boy!" She was referring to the birth of Jesus ;) So no she is not expecting another child. Sorry for the confusion.

16 comments:

Wanting What I Have said...

Jackie,
Thank you for the update and for all your doing for Stacie. What a blessing to have such a precious sister!

Stacie,
I pondered the "it's a boy" and finally came to the conclusion that you must be referring to Christ, because you'd surely have said something sooner if you were expecting! :)

Still praying for you. I cannot imagine!!! Hang in there, dear friend!

Grandma Becky said...

Thanks for the update and will pray for Stacie's recovery. My sister had her bunion surgery about a year ago as well. Painful! But she's all ok. Her son was 15 so no little kids.

And for a funny, a boy in our Sunday school class that God was born on Christmas. Well, kinda, but we are trying to get them to understand his name was Jesus, because he was human form! Love the children! Hugs!

Kimberly said...

Oh, Jackie that does sound quite painful. What a blessing that you are there with your sister, I'm sure that is a comfort to her. It is so hard for the little ones to leave a recovering Momma alone!

Prayers to Stacie for a quick recovery.

Nicole said...

I do pray that your foot heals quicker than expected and that the joy of christmas finds you with you family pain free and celebrating. Merry Christmas

Jenn said...

WOW! That sounds extremely painful. So glad you are there Jackie to help out. What a blessing.

Camille said...

Dear Jackie ~ How precious that you are able to be there for your sister at this time!! You are a blessing to her I know!! Too sweet that she is calling you Mama...that must mean you are doing a fabulous job!!

Dear Stacie ~ I will be praying for you as you recover...may the LORD continue to give you daily all you need! HE gives the grace as it is required and HE walks the journey WITH us...I will pray that you will *know* this deep within your soul.

Sending ((hugs)) to you both...all the way from Canada!

Love,
Camille

sunshine said...

I haven't been by in awhile so this is the first that I am hearing about the foot surgery.
I will keep Stacie in my prayers for a fast recovery.
I can't imagine how hard it must be to relax with everything going on around you.
What an incredible blessing Jackie is.

Take care sweet thing.

((Hugs))
laura

Ellen said...

Such a blessing that you have one another. ♥
I have heard that particular surgery is painful...continuing in prayer for Stacie.

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

Thanks for the update, Jackie! I'm glad to hear she is doing well. She is lucky to have you for a sister. :)

The Angulo's said...

I hope she gets better soon!

I took down my old blog and made a new one due to some private problems but your welcome to the new one I have joint with my husband.

I'll pray for Stacy.

Mrs. L said...

Thanks for the update. Keeping her and the family in prayer.

Jill said...

Thanks for the update! keeping her in my prayers for a speedy recovery!
Blessings,
Jill

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Thanks so much for your prayers everyone! I'm going to print these out for her to read as she is unable to get to the computer. She scheduled out some blog posts, so you'll still be hearing from her in a round about way. She is feeling really sick from all the pain killers, so please pray she will be feeling better soon. Blessings, Jackie

OurLilFullFam said...

That is so funny about the baby boy thing, I didn't even put that together!

I will keep prayig for her to get better and for the pain to subside!

Stephanie

...they call me mommy... said...

Been thinking of you Stacie! PRAYING!

Camille said...

Still thinking of you Stacie and praying too. :)

Just stopped by tonight to wish you and your family a wonderful CHRISTmas and a blessed New Year! May the LORD give you daily all you need and bless you with HIS presence each and every day.

In His Love,
Camille

Related Posts with Thumbnails