Sunday, December 26, 2010

My Nursemaids and an Update

After my surgery, my sister was able to come up and help me. Hailey and Jessica put on their "nursemaid" costumes and waited on me hand and foot. It was precious. These two girls are really starting to play more together despite their age difference.
Lily got into the cupcakes! I think she even had frosting up her nose!
Jessica in her full "uniform".
And just for extra fun, Hailey woke up with a protractor stuck on her finger. Praise the Lord, Steve was actually here, or I probably would have had to take her to the doc's to get this thing off. Soap didn't work. Steve ended up getting a blade off of his recip saw and carefully cut the plastic around her finger. I still can't believe he didn't cut her finger. She was so incredibly brave, I just about had a panic attack watching. As Steve was cutting, she looked up at him and sweetly said, "Thanks for cutting this off my finger, Uncle Steve." So sweet! I think we might have a little bonding moment between the two of them.

I am still recovering. I'm kind of at a standstill with it. My stitches are healing, but the I am still having lots of pain where the spike is in my foot. I don't know if it will go away until it is taken out in several more weeks. I am able to take a shower by myself now, which is the highlight of my day. I am also able to get on the computer a bit more and putt around in my walker a smidge.

Please pray for Steve. He is under incredible stress right now with holding down his job and mine. I am praying that He will turn to the Lord and ask Him for His strength. I ask that you would pray that and anything else God lays on your heart. It has been hard on everyone.

I don't know how I would have gotten through this without an incredible support system. You know who you are and I thank from the bottom of my heart.

Hope you all have a Happy New Year!
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Parsley said...

I will pray for your healing and that God grants your husband special wisdom and strength.

Happy New year!!

RaD said...

Cute pictures!

Praying for a speedy recovery.

Jenn said...

Stacie, I happy to hear you are feeling some better. I will definitely pray for your husband. It is so hard on them when Mama gets laid up. I know! I was stuck in bed for about 3 months with a bulging disk about a year and a half ago. It was so hard, but by the grace of God we got through it.

Jill said...

I will certainly pray for you and Steve. These pictures are wonderful! Hope you are feeling better and getting around soon!
blessings,
Jill

Grandma Becky said...

Hang in there, Stacie. It will soon be behind you. Love your nurse maids. So adorable. Hugs my friend and prayers as well.

kathy said...

I'm glad your starting to feel a little better. Will be praying for both you and Steve :)

...they call me mommy... said...

Praying!!!

mommyx12 said...

I hope you are feeling better! I love the little outfits the girls are wearing.

Happy coming new year.
tricia

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Cute pics of the kids. I remember these moments well :) I'm praying for a quick healing and strength to endure. I love you so much!

Jasmine said...

Stacie, I had no idea. I will be praying for a quick recovery.

Thanks for passing by FAR. I always appreciate hearing from you.

I have a homemaking linkup today. You're welcome to pass by and linkup.

God bless.

Trisha said...

Stacie,
Oh, I've heard this is one of the most painful foot surgeries you can have. I can only imagine what you've been going through. I know from experience how hard it is to be unable to do things and to have the extra load put on your husband. Praying for all of you. May the Lord bless your husband with wisdom and great patience and much tenderness. I know this is trying for everyone..sending many prayers and hugs!

Related Posts with Thumbnails