Friday, November 19, 2010

Harvest Festival/Veteran's Day

We don't do Halloween, but we do have to stop by our old neighbor's house on the way to their church for their Harvest Festival. They had a wonderful time dressing up and playing games to get prizes. How do you like my costume? It says, "I'm the BOSS"! Andrew was thrilled with his cool camo face paint. Lily charmed everyone in her baby pirate costume that she got from her cousin Hailey. Jessica was a colonial girl and Marcus was a soldier. Josh went to his youth group's Harvest party dressed as a soldier, too. Surprise, surprise!
On Veteran's Day, I loaded up all the kids and and took them to the parade. It was so cute to see all the Veteran's salute the boys as they went past. I'm so glad they decided to dress up and bring their fake wooden guns. You can click on the collage for a closer look. They even had Veteran's yelling at them wanting to know where they got their cool helmets. Vision Forum has a bunch of this kind of army surplus stuff. Their shipping is outrageous, but the stuff is good quality.

Thank you to all the vets that have served our country over the past years. We appreciate your sacrifice so we can be free. Love and Prayers!!!!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Wanting What I Have said...

LOVE the pictures. The one of Jess and Lily in the wig made me crack up! Precious. And I am LOVIN' your hat. :)

Stephanie said...

Great pictures, Stacie! I just took notice, do you have 4 boys and 2 girls, like myself? What order are your girls?

Beautiful family and thanks for sharing the pictures!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Stephanie,

Yep, Josh, Marcus, Jessica, Andrew, Jacob and Lily Pie

David and Margaret said...

What a fun outing. I's at Cousins having lunch with my hubbie after a game of tennis. I am glad that your computer is up and running. Your kiddos are adorable. I am so glad that I get to see them and get hugs for them. I will try to come and get the disk today. We will just try to stay in all day. No work on pump today. Love and hugs.

His bondservant said...

What fun Stacie. I wish our town did more with parades and such. I am sure you guys had a great time. It is a great way to instill the importance of Veteran's Day in your children. Hope you all have a blessed Thanksgiving. Will look forward to seeing pictures of your holidays!

candy said...

You are amazing!I love the pictures. Did the kids have a good time at church harvest time?Was it allot like last years?
I love seeing the kids come see us on Halloween,they were amazing.I have great pictures of them but can't figure out why card doesn't work in computer now.Love you all.Will send you pix when I can.

Nicole said...

Came across your blog through a friend, and the Burgerville in your photo caught my eye. I grew up in Gladstone and my first job was cashiering there. I also love your collage phots, may I ask how you do that. We too celbrated Veteran's day with a parade, two of my children marched in it. My husband serived 8 years as an MP, a blessign for sure. thanks for sharing.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Nicole, it is so nice to meet you! I do the collages through Picasa. It is where I put all my photos and do all my editing. They are easy and fun to do.

My stepmom used to work at a Burgerville, too.

Tell your hubby that we said thank you for serving!

Catherine said...

You look so cute...as do your kids. There were Vets lined up at the airport in uniform to greet Kelly at PDX when he arrived from Afghanistan!

Related Posts with Thumbnails