Saturday, November 27, 2010

Guilt-Free Caramel Corn


My friend has a wonderful microwave caramel corn recipe that I have used for years and years. People beg me to make it because it is so yummy. I thought I would try to healthy it up with some natural sugars. Little by little, I have experimented and found a good balance. The kids even love it!

Healthy Microwave Caramel Corn
5 quarts of fresh popcorn

In a microwavable bowl add:

1/2 cup of sucanat
2 TBS of agave syrup
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup of butter

Microwave for 1 minute. Stir and then microwave two more minutes.

As soon as you get it out of the microwave, immediately stir in:

1/2 tsp of organic vanilla
1/4 tsp of baking soda

Pour over popcorn (popcorn must be in a microwaveable bowl.)
Stir to coat popcorn. Put it all back in the microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minute (each microwave is a little different). Just watch it so it doesn't burn.
Stir again and place on parchment paper or tin foil to cool.

If you do not want it healthy, but still want an amazing, easy-to-make caramel corn, just replace the sucanat with brown sugar and the agave syrup with dark corn syrup.

Enjoy!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Can't wait to try this, Sis! So proud of you for all the steps you're taking to feed your family healthier.

Camille said...

I can see that Jackie is influencing you my friend!! That's wonderful! Of course, you both influence one another...in a good way...that is only right! How fun that you posted this! I'll have to give it a try...we so enjoy caramel corn around here. :)

Have a wonderful weekend!
Blessings,
Camille

Katie said...

Guess what we are making this week?!?! That's sounds delicious and my Boys would love it. Thanks!

Parsley said...

Oh YUM!! So glad you shared this! When I was pregnant there was a caramel corn stand I visited frequently. While I'm not pg now, I still crave it.

Catherine said...

Oh, I want some! Does it mail easily? Just kidding, darlin'!

wyatt said...

was it good from wyatt

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Oh yeah!

Related Posts with Thumbnails