Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Fall Fun

I found this huge tablecloth at Fred Meyers for around $10. I was thrilled! Jessica and I love to decorate the house for the seasons and holidays. I know it's a little busy, but it will hide the stains really well!
Andrew decided that he was going to learn how to flip pancakes. I was trying so hard to not have a coronary while he was doing this. I need to stress less about having kiddos in my kitchen. It always seems like I am in a hurry and I don't want to take the time to let them help me much. I have to FORCE myself to do this. The type A in my just wants to scream, but I know that this is good for them and for me. They love to feel a sense of accomplishment and pride when the meal is served.
Again, trying to cook with a little one trying her best to trip me can be tricky. I know that one day, I will look back on these days with much fondness.
Here is a shot of Lily and Jacob at the park. The leaves are starting to really fall now and soon we will have piles of leaves to jump into!

Had to get a new computer this week. My motherboard went out. Not good...

I keep making extra meals and freezing them for my upcoming foot surgery. My freezer is getting full. Pretty soon I am going to have to stop because there won't be enough room. So glad to know they are in there. I am finishing up my Christmas shopping and now I need to wrap everything before the 9th of Dec.

I am still working on the bad attitudes around here. This week has been tough. I am praying that heart changes will be taking place in my children.

Please pray that I will be a loving, patient mother who uses KIND words. Kindness has not been on my tongue lately and I am so convicted. I am so thankful for God's forgiveness.

"I am thankful that God doesn't lower His standards to accommodate our disobedience and inabilities. I'm glad that we can depend on Him to be the same yesterday, today and forever."-Nancy Leigh DeMoss
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Kimberly said...

I have a napkin in that pattern I bought last year... I was the same way about cooking, well any chore for a long time- then I realized that I shouldn't squelch their desire to help, now I have children who will help with anything at any time!

Although, recently they've all developed a selective hearing condition that needs some attention...Their attitudes aren't all that bad, just a little self centered, what makes this difficult to work on is that we are heading into Christmas break, when life is much more laid back, without the discipline of school, which tends to give the children a sense that they too can lay back... Good luck, I'll be praying for you and the children in that area! K.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Fantastic post, Stace and great reminder. I love seeing Jacob and Lily in clothes my kids have worn. It brings back so many memories. Good job for letting Andrew help in the kitchen. He reminds me a lot of Josiah in that regard.

candy said...

I love it when the kids help cook.They LOVE the meal so much better.We all do. SMILES on everyone.I love you.

candy said...

Hi Jackie,
thank you for the MOPS cookbooks. I am sure the ladies I bought them for will love them. Love you.

RaD said...

I fall right into that category too. I really have to step back when I am getting frustrated and take a "time out" :)

Tis, the season for shortened tempers, so I'll be praying for yours right along with mine.

Wanting What I Have said...

Praying for you, friend!!! I struggle with the same thing! And I laughed when I saw Lilly underfoot...I am SO THERE right now! And too, I don't want to stop and take the time to let mine help in the kitchen. You encourage me. Thank you!

Praying for your foot surgery.

Moose Nugget said...

When you figure out how to get kindness on the tip of your tongue, you let ME know!
I've been feeling like Ogre Mom lately.

One thing that's helped at our house is "Ask, Tell, Discipline".
And, "Do what I say, right away."
My frustration goes up and kindness goes down when I give too many "chances" or allow "quiet disobedence" to creep in. No BLATANT disobedience, but dragging feet to clean up or "I don't wanna" when they don't wanna. If I nip that in the bud, everyone is happier. Takes a little more energy for a day or two (gotta stay on top of it and set down what I'm doing to enforce the lesson) but worth it before the weekend is up.

Nicole

Mich said...

Pretty table.

HAve a beautiful Thanksgiving.

OurLilFullFam said...

How cute a tablecloth! I will pray for kindness, I know it can be hard sometimes :))

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Stephanie

Camille said...

What a blessing you have all those meals tucked away! And what a blessing that you are letting those children into the kitchen...I'm there with you! :)

Have a wonderful weekend!
Blessings,
Camille

Trisha said...

Your table cloth is beautiful, Stacie!

Isn't it wonderful how our children delight in the simplest of things? Like learning to flip pancakes. :)

Kindness on the tongue. I understand, sweet friend, and I'm praying for you. I do believe it's something I'll have to guard against all my life. How thankful I am for the many ways the Holy Spirit restrains me.

Hugs!

Related Posts with Thumbnails