Saturday, October 16, 2010

Catching Up!

Well, I hurt my back blueberry picking so I got a little behind on stuff. I wasn't able to cook the way I normally do, so I got busy today and chopped up all the ripe tomatoes (5 quarts), grated 3 quarts of cheddar cheese and three quarts of Swiss. I then made Potato's Romanoff, two loaves of bread, scones with a blueberry raspberry sauce and homemade whipped cream. After this picture was taken, I decided to continue to be productive and made two gallons of taco soup and brown 4 lbs of hamburger to put in the freezer. Why do I wait to brown my hamburger? I've gotten smart and decided to just cook it up four lbs at a time and freeze it. It's so much easier to put in my recipes when it is already cooked.
Jessica and Josiah are only four months apart. They are losing their teeth left and right! I thought they looked so cute, I had to take a picture of the little toothless cousins! Josiah is holding a "sword" in his hand.
I am really working on getting the kids to help me with some of the projects around here that kill my back. Here they are tilling and seeding the dead spot left by the trampoline. Last time I did this I ended up flat on my back for two days. My back does NOT like this kind of work. Jess did a really good job raking. I was so grateful!
And here is my sister's girl, Miss Hailey. She discovered the vent and loved to stand over it with her dresses so they would poof out. It was so cute! She is so girly! This dress has been used for many historical birthday parties over the years!

Yesterday I went back to OHSU for my vocal training. I now how permission to sing again! I need to be careful to sing only within my range (which isn't that broad), and not to overdo it. I'm so excited! It feels so good to worship without that limitation! I should only have one more vocal training left. She was pleased with the progress I had made.

Thank you all for your prayers. It has been a blessing to me to know that you care and that you pray for me. God is so faithful and He has gotten me through this trial graciously. I feel like I have passed a huge test. I pray I don't ever have to revisit this one again.
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Rachel and Family said...

Your poor back. Looks like it must be better though with all that food prep you got in! We left our deep freeze behind in The Dalles so I'm not able to do as much freezing. But that's okay for now, it gives me an excuse to take the kids for a walk to the shopping center and Trader Joes. I'm getting a new one first thing when we move though.
Where'd the trampoline go?
Jessica and Josaih are little cuties with their teeth gone! I love that look!
Hailey looks like an absolute doll as usual!
Glad to hear you voice is so much better.

Rachel and Family said...

And oh ya, that ink mess!! That's a new one! I freaked just looking at the mess! Great job laughing though, I'm sure Jessica will appreciate and remember the lightheartedness from her accident and yours with the baking soda.

His bondservant said...

Your food looks scrumptious! You have been quite an idustrious cook lately! I am so sorry to hear about your back. I have chronic back problems, so I know exactly what you mean when you back is acting up. There is nothing quite like it. I am so happy that your voice is coming back and that you can sing. Singing, and music is such an important part of my life, so I can certainly sympathize with you about not being able to do that. May the Lord continue to heal you my friend!

Mich said...

Hope your back feels better. I am envious of all your fresh garden goods. Afraid I have a black thumb.

Precious kiddo pictures and thankful you have your voice back.

Have a great weekend!

Catherine said...

My Darling Friend, you are such an inspiration! All that food is making me want to fix a BIG meal for a BIG group of people. Sadly, when it is just my DH and I, I'm not as inspired as I should be. Take care of that long, tall back of yours!

RaD said...

Love the tppthlessgrin phpto. I wish my daughter had lost both of her front teeth together but it looks like she's gonna do them one at a time.

Yay! That your voice is healing!

Wanting What I Have said...

Stacie, YOU ROCK! Look at all that food! You are so modeling some Proverbs 31 here! I appreciate that encouragement! And I am rejoicing with and for you over the wonderful news about your voice!!! HOORAY! And yea for you training your children to help in all those ways! I am struggling to train mine! You are always such an encouragement to me! Hope you have a wonderful Lord's day!

Sarah said...

Mmmm, all that food looks so delicious Stacie! You were very productive! Having a clean kitchen always makes me want to do that...then I end up back were I started! Haha!

Hailey looks like such a doll in that beautiful dress.

Grandma Becky said...

You really went all out cooking today. Bet that tired you out some though. I always cook up my hamburger and then freeze it as well. Some I leave raw but freeze it so I can make meat loaf or hamburgers. Love the photos of the kids. So cute and glad they are helpers. Hailey's fun and give her a hug for me!

Rosemi said...

I pray you don't either Stacey. I pray that doesn't happen to me too! I love to sing!

God bless you Stacey!

Rosemi

PS: And thanks for your lovely visit the other day. :)

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

So glad you are feeling better, both back and voice. Love the pics of the kids. Hailey is so much like us, just loves to dress up. Great job and getting Josiah's latest tooth out last night!

...they call me mommy... said...

Glad your voice is better! Will pray for your back! Way to go on getting all that cooking done for your family! I've been thinking about doing that myself...kinda having a kitchen day, so to speak! :) Love the poofy dress! LOL! :D

OurLilFullFam said...

Looks yummy!!

Yes, once you get that nasty little PSD, you never know what might set it off! I know! But, Praise God it doesn't last very long and without those pregnancy hormones, it seems to heal faster, for me anyway. The advil probably helps too ;)

Stephanie

Related Posts with Thumbnails