Friday, September 10, 2010

Where Did My Baby Go?

I remember looking down at Joshua when he was a baby thinking someday he would be five. Well, today he turned 12! Time flies when you are raising children! Marcus took this funny picture of Josh trying to fit on my lap. I could barely do it! As we rapidly approach the teenage years, I find myself thinking about how much time I have left with him. I want to enjoy every minute. If 12 years could go by so fast, I can't imagine how the next six are going to fly by.

Dear Joshua,

You are developing into a young man it seems over night. As I watched home videos of you the other day, I realized just how much more mellow you are. You aren't that busy, busy, busy little boy that kept me running all over just to keep you safe (I still remember our neighbor calling me to tell me that Josh was on the roof of the playhouse, and if that was OK!)

You are so much easier to home school. We have an understanding now and you don't seem to fight it as much. Your attitude has improved a great deal over this past year. Our relationship is stronger than ever, even as you fight for every inch of freedom.

I love to watch you take on a spiritual role when your father is at gone. When you pray, I can tell that you really have a relationship with the Lord. It blesses my heart more than you know. You have no fear of praying in public. You are confident in your faith. Your heart breaks when you find out someone you love and respect is an unbeliever. You so much want your friends and family to go to heaven.

I love how passionate you are about certain things. Your new love for science and creationism is wonderful to see. I love how I can give you a few tools to work with and you just take off and soar!

My firstborn, my baby who is no longer a baby. I love you and am so very proud of you. I pray for you to keep your heart, eyes and body pure. I pray for your future wife. I pray for your future children. I pray for your career. I pray that your relationship with God would become so much deeper as time goes on.

Thank you for being you! I hope that you have a Happy Birthday, son.

Love,
Your Mom

Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy 12th Birthday Joshua!

Wow, Stacie what a milestone for you all! I always cry a little tear when singing Happy Birthday to my children as it is such a bittersweet moment.

I do love to read your birthday messages to your children and I'm sure it blesses them so much, and will probably do so more in the future when they can have an understanding of parenting themselves.

Stacie it inspires me so that you are a 'praying parent'...as I'm feeling a prompting in this area lately. Thank you for being such a godly example for me!

God Bless - and enjoy this special day with your son!

candy said...

Oh my dear Josh I love you.I remember more than just the being on the roof of the playhouse.You are so creative and I don't think bored a day in your life. Thank you for being you and taking good care of me. You know what I love most about you Josh is your KIND heart. The way you LOVE my babies,and the way you love dennis & I. I love to watch you just cuddle with the babies.I love you JOsh,Happy Birthday my friend.

JuRita said...

It does seem like yesterday when they were little. Makes me treasure my newborn babies all the more. I am encouraged by your letter...what a joy to see our children grow in the Lord. I would like to keep in my heart, the thought to write my own children letters on their birthdays. What a great gift!

Sandy J said...

Happy Birthday to Joshua. Yes, they do grow up fast. I was just thinking the that the other day - my two nieces are starting their senior year of highschool and I can remember when they were five and can't believe they will be adults soon enough.

Camille said...

What a precious post Stacie! What a blessed young man! May the LORD continue to answer your prayers for his life. :)

Blessings,
Camille

RaD said...

Wow! I remember when Jackie announced she was an aunt when Josh was first born. It truly is crazy how fast time flys!

Happy Birthday Josh!

Tina said...

I feel your pain (and joy)! :) It's birthday season around here and we just celebrated my baby turning 8 and my second daughter turning 14; my oldest will celebrate her 16th birthday next month. It is so hard to see them growing up, but also such a joy! Just wanted to say Happy Birthday to Joshua and tell you that I'm with you girl! :)
In His love,
Tina

Cassandra-ann said...

Happy Birthday!
I know what you mean, i was jst looking down at our sweet new little boy and thinking that i HAVE to enjoy every second, good and bad because before you know it they are all grown up.
Loved your letter and the pic!

Cassandra xx

singing mama said...

Its amazing how fast they grow!! Lily is turning into a lady almost overnight at the moment and I amazed that she is such a beautiful caring girl. God is so good to entrust these precious ones to our car!!
beautiful post!
Luv Donna

singing mama said...

care not car LOL

Mich said...

Totally there with you. My daughter is turning 14 in a few weeks and my sone will be 12 at the end of October. CRAZY!

Muthering Heights said...

What a sweet letter...happy birthday to him! :)

Catherine said...

I KNOW he had a happy birthday! I bless the day I met you, Stacie, so you could put me in touch with your fabulous children. I love you more than you can imagine.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

ROTF laughing at that photo! It was was so fun watching the videos of Josh when he was a baby this weekend. Brought back a lot of memories. He so lucky to have you for a mom.

Wanting What I Have said...

I got chills and a lump in my throat reading your birthday letter! Happy Birthday Joshua!

Related Posts with Thumbnails