Thursday, September 16, 2010

Revolutionary War Party (Part 4)

Jackie brought a real feather pin with ink to sign their names to the Declaration of Independence. The kids loved getting the feeling for how difficult it was to write back then.
Isn't this a great picture? Andrew looks like a handsome wounded soldier. Jessica did a good job bandaging him up.
Here are some pictures of their battle. I love Jessica trying to "capture" one of the soldiers to throw a bandage on him! I don't know how many nurses were actually in the battle? LOL!
Josh dies a brave death!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

kathy said...

Looks like you had such fun! I love all your costumes :)

Catherine said...

I LOVE the picture of Jessica!! If you want to know about Civil War nurses you could read a wonderful book called Mary Sutter. It is fiction, but historically so. I loved it! I don't think it was easy for women to become nurses AT ALL! I can talk now until 8:20, or I can talk after 3 (after my massage!).

OurLilFullFam said...

What a fun party!

Stephanie

RaD said...

Whose side was Jessica on? Was she running to the other side to capture the enemy? That's too funny! A girl's gotta be included, ya know?

Wanting What I Have said...

This is TOO STINKIN' COOL!!! :) AMAZING! You did a great job! I cannot wait to show my husband. I've got the Gadsden Flag sticker on the back of my car.

LOVE IT ALL!!! Way to go!

Related Posts with Thumbnails