Sunday, September 12, 2010

Revolutionary War Party (Part 1)

For the boys' birthday party this year, they asked for an American Revolutionary War theme. I didn't know how we could pull it off. But throughout the year we started getting ideas. Christmas came and they got lots of costumes from their Nana and Papa. Here is Josiah (my twin's boy) rolling up "bloody bandages". I tore up a sheet and put some red stamp ink refill on it. They kids were wild with excitement!
The kids and I made these flags for decorations.
Jackie is always great about finding costumes and thankfully she loves to dress up! Here is Jess and Josiah with her.
I had Marcus make this old recruit poster we found called, "Join or Die". We put it on the front door!

This party was the culmination of our unit study we did for our homeschool! We have read books, watched movies, watched "Liberty Kids", drawn battle scenes and all kinds of stuff. More in the next post...
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

I am blessed! said...

Sounds fun! I think it's precious that your boys wanted an American Revolution theme. You must be doing something right if they want "school" to spill over into their birthday party!

Celee

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

It was so much fun, Stace!!! You did good. Love that pic of Josiah with the bandages, may have to steal it for my blog post.

Thanks for everything, Sis! The kids will remember it forever.

RaD said...

Awww... that was a terribly short post, what a tease you are! Here I'm looking for the birthday party and you give us tip of the iceberg.

And I'll sit in anticipation of your next post :)

kathy said...

Oh that looks like fun I can't wait see what happens next :)

Sandy J said...

Oh what fun! It does my heart good to see children so interested in history that they want it to be the theme of their birthday party.

Blessings

Sandy

Muthering Heights said...

What a FUN idea!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails