Saturday, September 18, 2010

Revolutionary War (Part 5)

Here is a collage (you'll have to click on it to see the pictures up close) of the reenactment part. There were just too many pictures! The kids had a wonderful time pretending. It was fun watching some of the kids that have never done anything like this, really get into it.

 I would have probably never done something like this unless I was homeschooling.

God blessed us with a beautiful sunshiny day! No wind, either!








Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jasmine said...

Stacie, how wonderfully creative and fun. Homeschooling is such a blessing.

Thanks for sharing.

Catherine said...

It looks like SO much fun for the kids...a nice way to learn about history. I wish I had more time with my students so we could do some creative stuff like that too. Maybe next month with our Biography Parade it will be picture-worthy. They each have to read a biography of someone and make a float out of a small box (shoebox) for a parade we'll have for the Old Folks home across the street.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Catherine,
That is such a good idea!

Stacie,
Isn't it amazing that this party only cost us less than $15 above what we already had on hand? Your kids sure helped out to make it cost effective, too.

I'm loading my pictures now and hope to get a blog post done on it tonight.

Love ya, Sis!

Sandy J said...

Wow! I thought this was a great idea when you first started sharing but now all I can say is Wow!!!!! I'm sure the kids all had wonderful times and what great imagination was put into this. Thank you so much for sharing.

Unknown said...

My 6 year old is asking for a Revolutionary War party for his birthday and in researching I found your blog! (you know you're a homeschooler if your kid asks for a revolutionary war party!) Great ideas - thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails