Thursday, September 30, 2010

My Friend

I have mentioned my friend, Margaret, many times on this BLOG, but I don't think I've ever solely done a post on her.

God blessed me 9 or 10 years ago when I met this wonderful lady at MOPS. We instantly connected over potty-training! We started inviting each over and calling one another. This friendship has been cemented in God's love, as we have done Bible study after Bible study with one another. We have such completely different backgrounds, so it adds such a dimension of depth and perspective to our lives.
Margaret is married to a hard-working farmer and has two children. She works hard to sell their natural-hormone free beef. They also have acres of wheat and are raising natural-range free chickens. She was a Spanish teacher for years, but has made the hard choice to stay home to be there for her kids and serve her husband. I'm so proud of her for that!
Margaret is so good for me because she is always ready for an adventure! She is great about getting me out of the house and is so patient with the little ones. She likes to play and is very enthusiastic.

She called me up and invited us to come over to their campsite down by the Columbia River. It was a great day and the kids had so much fun!
Margaret introduced me to my dear Titus 2 friend, Catherine. I am so thankful that they have included me in their friendship. I am changed because of these two women who constantly challenge me to do the right thing in my marriage and in my parenting.

I am blessed to have friends who won't let me get away with anything! I need accountability!

Margaret, I love you and thank you for being a great friend to me. It has been a privilege to pray with you and watch you grow in the Lord over the years. I wouldn't be who I am without your friendship. Thank you!!!!!
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Amy said...

This is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Have a wonderful day.

Catherine said...

Oh, I love that girl too, Stacie! You did her, and her family, complete justice by this post. She is SO dear to us.

Wanting What I Have said...

I am so happy for you that God has blessed you with such a precious friendship! Friends like that are rare treasures! And what a sweet way to express your love for her!

Jill said...

What a wonderful post about your friend. For truly where would we be without them?
Blessings to you,
Jill

RaD said...

That's awesome, we all need those friends that will sharpen us!

Heather said...

That is such a sweet post Stacie! Margaret is such a nice person. I enjoy the times that we manage to run into each other and chat.

Sandy J said...

What a beautiful story - you never know when you might meet a friend like this.

Thanks for sharing.

Margaret said...

Wow, Stacie. I am so honored to be the subject of your post. I figured you were up to something today. :-) Thank you so much for your sweet words. I feel so blessed to have you in my life and know that I wouldn't be standing where I am today without your comfort and bold honest truth at times. God knew I needed it and when. I love you too sweetie. Rest those hips. Hope to see you tomorrow. Thanks again.

candy said...

I agree Stacie when I see Margaret out and about she is always so pleasant and happy. I enjoy seeing her. God Bless you dear margaret.

His bondservant said...

Stacie,

A beautiful post about your friend. What a blessing Godly friends are. And the great news...we get to spend time here and in eternity with them!

Blessings,
Jackie

skeeteror said...

Wonderful post about Margaret's and your friendship!Can't believe Liam is so big! Tell her hi from me! ~Bev P.~

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

What a sweet tribute! You are blesses to have her in you life. Sure enjoyed her kids at the b-day party.

Related Posts with Thumbnails