Thursday, September 2, 2010

Calvary's Jr. High Camp

We were blessed to be able to participate at the first ever Calvary's Jr. High Youth Camp at Badger Creek Camp. We had so much fun! The kids not only swam, went down a HUGE water slide, played lots of games and nearly froze to death at night, but they also had some serious meat as they got into God's Word!



Here is one of the leaders going down the slide. Oh my they would streak down! I wish they could have clocked them and made it into a competition.
They loved playing games outside. I can't believe how much energy these kids have! Our new youth pastor was able to join us for part of the time. It was a blessing to see him interacting with the kids. He really singles out the ones on the fringe of the group. He is all about building relationships up.


At one point about 33 horses to the left of the horse camp, decided to stampede. I've never seen so many horses freaking out before. I truly think that they caught a whiff of a cougar or a bear.

I got to be a helper in the kitchen and just hang out with the kids. Josh is in a new phase of life and pretty much didn't want anything to do with me. I tried to not let it hurt my feelings and realize the kid is growing up. This is a good thing. I want them to be able to stand alone someday.

I hope we get to do this again next year!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Mich said...

Love camp! So do my kids.

I hate to say it but boys pull away sooner than girls. Just remain a constant force of love and patience in his life and he will come back around.

Hydrant girl said...

Fantastic camp! And don't worry, that stage will only last a short while and he'll need you again. I think we all go through that independence phase.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

So it is starting with Josh :( Josiah gives me those glimpses sometimes, too. I know it is just part of growing up.

It is gorgeous up there!

Camille said...

How FUN! What an incredible slide that was...never seen one so long along the ground like that! :)

Ahhh yes, boys becoming MEN! They do, you know...but it's all good...they treat their Mums sweetly. :)

Have a great day!
Blessings,
Camille

RaD said...

That slide looks like so much fun! My kids spotted it over my shoulder and are really wanting to try it out. Too bad its so far away.

Catherine said...

I'm so glad you got to go with your oldest! Good for you, Stacie.

Momof5 said...

I totally want to do the waterslide! That looks like a fun time was had by all. God bless camp days!

Related Posts with Thumbnails