Sunday, August 29, 2010

Who Am I?

Do you ever go through a period of time when you sort of "lose" who you are? Sometimes you have to remind yourself. So I asked myself to day, "Who am I?"

I am a mother to six precious children here on earth and two in heaven.
I am a wife to a man who loves me and works very hard as a firefighter/paramedic to provide for his family. This is what Steve and I do when he comes home. I'm working in the kitchen and we debrief with each other. We are comfortable with one another and have great meaningful conversations when the kids aren't interrupting. I am blessed!
I am a cook! I have learned a ton since I met Steve. He taught me how to cook and now I pretty much use recipes as guides. My sister, Jackie at Homestead Wannabes  has taught me a lot about healthy cooking. I am always trying to make recipes healthier for my family by replacing refined sugar with sucanat and raw sugar and replacing white flour for whole wheat flour. I love experimenting! Here I am with a fabulous peach pie made with raw sugar and part of the white flour in the crust is replaced by whole wheat pastry flour.
I am a hard worker. I do about 3-4 loads of laundry every day, sweep, mop, and scrub stuff down. I home school my kids, fix boo-boos, keep up a vegetable garden and lots of flower gardens, too. Why do I do all this? Because I LOVE it! What you say? That sounds like hard work! I am doing what God has called me to do. I "give my life away" everyday, and in return I am blessed! He has given me my dreams. All I ever wanted to be was a wife and a mother. Now, I'm living it. Of course back then, I thought I would be a mother to two children. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would be mothering SIX!

Are you searching for significance? If you have been feeling a little lost lately, you might want to read this devotion I wrote awhile back on the subject. I think it might just give you a little "spiritual shot" in the arm that you have been needing.

Blessings to all of you as you continue to find your significance each day in the Lord Jesus Christ. He is the one who gives us significance.
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

Out Back said...

Thank you for this great post.

This is a reminder to me that I do the best job in the world, being a wife and mother.

I am so much happier now I am not working full time and get to stay at home. I do a little part time work but only in my time and when it suits me and my family.

Your family are indeed lucky to have you there for them in every aspect of their lives.

Take care,

Tania

Mich said...

Loved this!

We moms all need a little reminding of who we are every once in a while.

Loved the pictures.

Margaret said...

You are such an awesome Mom and wife. You are doing exactly what God called you to do and doing it well. I am thrilled to be your friend and glean from your devotions, advice and just company. I enjoyed the other night. Thanks. I never made it into the pool but the fellowship was good. About 40-50 people from church showed up. Keep shining Girl.XOXO

RaD said...

Hey! You have the same stove I do :0)

It's good to evaluate ourselves and see just what God is doing in and through us.

Catherine said...

What a great life you have, Stacie! It is good to know you appreciate it and know who you are. You are also a wonderful friend, a very excellent one!

Grandma Becky said...

Thanks for sharing this post, Stacie. I sorta felt lost this week since we were on vacation and I lose track of days without the calendar. Phil says don't you have one in your cell phone? Well, yes....and it's on the screen of my phone. But I still feel different than when I'm at home. I love what you said about being comfortable with your hubby. Looking back over the years, Phil and I've become close and good friends for a lifetime, which is something we need. We enjoyed each other on our trip and that made it so memorable. Keep up the good thoughts and remember, you are a dear child of God as well! ;0) Hugs!

Chris in FL--Joyful Mother said...

Thanks for the reminder!! I get this way plenty of times and then I have to look around to look at the Lord's blessing and where he is taking me and our family. :)

chris xoxo

mommyx12 said...

Just today when I was readying up for church i looked in the mirror to do my hair. Instead, I looked into my face and said, "What am I doing with all these kids?" I wasn't having a bad day or anything, the thought just came to me!! Thanks for the answer to my question.

Jill said...

Amen. What a great post. As Mom's we have one of the hardest and most rewarding jobs there is! Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
Jill

kathy said...

It's always hood to re-evaluate! It's great to know we are doing what God has called us to do. It's hard but it is also the most rewarding life! I love being a mum :)

Wanda said...

I love your blog also ,what a beautiful family . I am not sure how to work this blog thing yet :) But I have 10 children although one is actually my sweet nephew who we have custody of and is 8 months born addicted to crack and fas :( We have had him since he was born and we feel very very blessed to have him in our family !I loved your post . I definatly get that way also !

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

This is a wonderful post, Stace. That peach pie looks delicious! Thanks for linking to my blog.

You're the best sis in the world. And yes, you are a HARD WORKER!

Love ya,
Jackie

Tina said...

Amen. Great post! Thank you. You're right, we get our significance from Jesus and He is so sweet to bless us as we "give our lives away". His economy is wonderful! :)
Thanks again for a great post.

Tamra said...

Thanks for the link to your previous post. I've been having that overwhelmed, yet "lost" feeling myself (doesn't help playing single mom either for a while). I appreciated your insight. Thank you!!!!!!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails