Friday, August 13, 2010

VBS- "Joseph, From Prison to Palace" Part One

We had an amazing VBS this year! I am amazed how God has blessed Calvary with such talented people. We all worked together as a giant team and put on "Joseph-From Prison to Palace". It taught the children many lessons from the book of Genesis. They tried to put the children back in time so they could experience it as much as possible. I was a helper in the kitchen and helped make two of these gigantic rice crispy pyramids! They turned out so cute! You should have seen the kid's eyes when they saw it!
The children got to dress up every day in their Egyptian costumes. Mine love to dress up, so this was right up their alley! 16 children accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior!
The gym was transformed into a market place. Here Jessica is working on this amazing mural/mosiac. Isn't it incredible? They could color or glue pieces of torn paper on it if they had some spare time. I never did see if it ever got finished.
These pillars crack me up! Fifteen years ago we used them to decorate the gym at our wedding. They were painted white then. This time they were used to create a "throne room", look at that fire at the top of the basketball hoop. Very creative! In the corner is an "oasis" that had three pools for the kids to play it. One had wheat, another sand and the third had water.
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Rachel said...

That VBS looks amazing! I love the fire in the basketball hoop.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Have a great Friday.

Rachel

Wanting What I Have said...

Oh no, you should have seen MY eyes when I saw that pyramid!!! WOWZERS! Amazing.

I am emailing a link to this post to my mother-in-law. She is the queen of VBS decorating and will undoubtedly be inspired by what y'all did!

How wonderful that so many children came to Christ! Hooray!

The Park family said...

I love it when a church goes ALL OUT to minister to the area kids through VBS! Such a blessing when we are hospitable to the least of these! :o)
Theresa

Camille said...

How WONDERFUL Stacie!! What an exhausting thing for the leaders, but rewarding too!! :) I *love* the theme...Joseph's story is one of my all-time favourites! Looks like you all did a FABULOUS job! Might the LORD use it all for HIS glory in the lives of those children. :)

Blessings,
Camille

Kimberly said...

Love the pyramid! Looks like some good hands on Bible learning!

Carrie said...

We used to attend a church that had a Marketplace themed VBS each year - loved it!!

LOVE that rice crispy pyramid, too! We made one out of sugar cubes last year for school, but I'll need to remember this for next time we study Ancient Egypt!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Wow, Stace! Your church put a lot of work into that. I hope the kids appreciated it. So awesome that 16 accepted Christ!!!

candy said...

AMAZING!!! What amazing work.I am also so excited that so many little ones came to the Lord. Praise the Lord for a wonderful time.Good job everyone.

Catherine said...

I might want to use some of these ideas in my teaching. This was great!

Grandma Becky said...

What a fun time at VBS! Love the pyramid made out of rice crispy treats.

Nadine said...

Wow...that is awesome! Our VBS theme was God's Power Lab, very fun for all of the kids! :)

Blessings!
~Nadine

Related Posts with Thumbnails