Friday, August 27, 2010

A Sweet Visit With My Titus 2 Friend

This month, my twin, Jackie and I decided to make the six hour drive to my friend, Catherine's in Idaho. I've never been up there in the summer. I can't tell you what a pleasant time it was. We visited and visited and visited. Catherine was a public school teacher for YEARS and YEARS and now homeschools from her studio. She is an amazing woman. This woman lives the most intentional walk with God that I have ever seen and is a shining example of what I can only hope to be in my "mature" years. You can check out her BLOG over at Cat's Tales Productions.
The first day we ran out to her hubby's ranch (they live in town) and brought her daughter-in-law some espresso and we shared giant pieces of a special orange marmalade cake that was to die for! The weather was perfect as we ate alfresco.
Then we toured her garden. This year because of the weird, cool weather, she hasn't been able to produce much. But we did manage to spot a few veggies here and there. It was good for Jackie, who also has a very short growing season. Jackie peppered her with questions on organic gardening! She was in heaven.
One of the greatest pleasures I had was watching Jackie and Catherine connect. You see the last time she was here, within four hours of arriving she fell down the stairs and broke her collarbone. It was AWFUL! Jackie does not have very many Titus 2 women in her life, so she was able to ask Catherine about scheduling, homeschooling, gardening, healthy eating and God's Word. It was wonderful to see their relationship bloom.

I am always honored by the way Catherine introduces me. She always calls me "One of her best girls".

Jackie and I have decided to make this an annual sister trip. This will be our personal retreat before the fall to regroup and get inspired once again to be the wives, mothers, and homeschool teachers that God has called us to be.

Thanks again, Catherine, it was truly wonderful!
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

OurLilFullFam said...

That is so neat! I have a friend who always gets away the weekend before starting homeschooling as well. A great time to refresh and regroup and focus on what is important!

Stephanie

Stephanie

Together We Save said...

Sounds like a wonderful time.

Mich said...

Great fun! Friends are blessings1
Happy weekend!

Wanting What I Have said...

coryt What a great time together and how precious to have such a Godly example in your lives.

candy said...

Cathrine looks so happy to have her friends visit.I am thankful that all of you had a wonderful time. Her garden looks great.
My mom and dad have a very slow growing garden up above Lyle,Wash.They have yellow plums that are the size of large cherries.bad year for crops.But we all still love to go out and eat fresh fruit and veggies no matter what size. Love you

Muthering Heights said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful visit! :)

RaD said...

Sounds like a great trip, I'd make it an annual event too!

Camille said...

How precious Stacie! I am so happy for you to have had that special time together with Jackie and your "Titus 2" friend! :)

Blessings to you!
In Him,
Camille

Catherine said...

You honored me beyond measure by coming, by being with me, asking and listening, praying and laughing, eating and playing. What a true friend you are! Thank you for loving me.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Can't wait until our next trip to the top of the mountain (literally, LOL)!

Related Posts with Thumbnails