Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Getting Caught Up!

After posting my "One Million Arrows" Series, I got a little behind on my pictures. So here are a few pics I want to share with you. The first one has a story behind it. We were able to go to a family renunion in July and it gave me the opportunity to explain how important it is to stay connected to your family. I told them that one day they will be responsible for making sure reunions take place. The next day, the kids decided to have their own "Family Reunion". It was quite cute! They insisted on eating outside on blankets in the backyard. I managed to get all of them in this shot. Not exactly easy!
"Lily, Get Your Gun"
We are discovering that Lily is OBSESSED with shoes! It's so funny! It is the first thing she points at when meets someone. She is always swiping my shoes and walking around in them.
These two are looking so much like each other it's not even funny! I can't believe how blonde Lily's hair is coming in and Jacob and her look like they are so many of the same features. They just love each other, too.

An update on Steve: The insurance claim was denied to have his infusions every 5 weeks. They refuse to do it more than every 8 weeks which is what he has been doing all along. We are still praying that there might be a loophole we don't know about. Thank you for all that have prayed for us on this subject. So far the arthritis has stayed away, but the beginning of September is when we figure if it's going to raise it's ugly head again, it will be then. In the meantime, he is trying to lose a bunch of weight to naturally make the dosage go up (since the dosage is weight-based). Nothing like the fear of pain to motivate someone to lose weight. Pray that he will be able to keep losing. As a lot of you know, it is very hard work.

Blessings everyone!
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

melaniek said...

I'll be keeping Steve in my prayers. I love that you got all of your kiddos looking at you for their "family reunion" pic! Definitely not an easy feat. Also I'm not sure if you guys have heard of it, I'm guessing so, but we've had a few firefighter suggest the p90x system for workouts and are ordering ours on friday. Usually I'm pretty skeptical but I've seen a lot of good reviews and can't remember any negative ones...I really hope you are able to find a loop hole for him.

Catherine said...

Your children are SO cute...but then their parents are darling people, so what else could you get????
I'm praying for Steve, Stacie!

Jill said...

Such a cute post! The kids are adorable! I will be keeping Steve in my prayers.
Blessings,
Jill

Anna said...

Very cute kids! :)

I came here through your comment at Raising Homemakers. My dad is a fire chief so I related to your blog title. :)

Grace on the Narrow Path said...

Cute children!!! My hubby is a police officer. I will be keeping your hubby in my prayers. Have you seen the movie, "Fireproof"? It is my favorite movie.
Blessings,
Bren
Please stop by Grace and follow along with me too.

Muthering Heights said...

I'm sorry to hear about your husband...I hope you can find that loophole!

kathy said...

I noticed that you needed to use two blankets for your family kids shot :) I love getting pictures if them altogether as it's so hard! I love your pic of lily and Jacob it's so sweet <3

Chris in FL--Joyful Mother said...

Ana is obsessed with shoes too!! Oh my...we have shoes all over the house. It must be a girl thing and maybe the age. I do remember my little boys going through something like this, but it was for a few days. Daily...Ana has shoes out EVERYWHERE...Ahhhhh!! ha ha

And I pray in Jesus name that your husband be healed from the top of his head to the soles of his feet and no more pain in his body. I pray that whatever insurance stuff is going on...it will be fixed. In Jesus name..Amen!!

Be blessed today Stacy!! :)

Regina @VestPocketFamilyFarm said...

Praying for all of you!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

That is so cute about the family reunion! Adorable! It is fun to see Lily in that beautiful white shirt and her old fashioned outfit.

I prayed for Steve this morning and all the other family members currently trying to lose weight.

I love you so much. Praying for you, too, with the voice situation. I'm praying God will not let it go on a minute longer than necessary (you know what I mean).

Love ya, Sis!

OurLilFullFam said...

I love the picture of all your kids outside. So sweet!

I will pray for Steve, I know that is so hard for you all. Have you tried bromelian (sp). It is a natural anti-inflammatory from pineapple. My Mr. Brown takes that and osteo-biflex stuff (Costco brand)

Stephanie

Wanting What I Have said...

Stacie,
LOVE the "family reunion" picture!!! That is TOO cute! And "Lily get your gun" cracked me up! Your children are so precious.

I'll be praying for Steve and thinking about him as he works so hard to lose the weight and struggles through the pain. That is a hard road. We are proud of him for working so hard!

Related Posts with Thumbnails