Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Chevelles, Friends, and One Funny Little Baby!

I'm trying to catch up here again. This summer has flown by and we have had a lot of activity around here. The first picture is of my dad, Russ with his pride and joy (and my inheritance if he doesn't wreck it) a 1969 Chevelle. I LOVE this car! I guess I'm a chip off the old block when it comes to Chevelles. If you want to go from ZERO to SIXTY in about 5 seconds, you want to take a ride in this baby! My dad was picking Josh up to take him to the annual Hot August Nights Cruise downtown. He got to spend the night and went to the Threshing Bee afterwards and then the car show on Sunday. Marcus got to join them on Sunday and they had a wonderful time! Thanks Dad and Diana
We had a new family come over for dinner. It was a pleasure getting to know Brian and Kelly with their three sweet little girls and brand new baby boy. It was lovely holding an infant again! I met Brian and Kelly at a Fire department function. Brian is a volunteer and Kelly is a SAHM who is going to start homeschooling her five year old this year. It was a pleasure talking with them and we are looking forward to getting to know them better. Thanks for coming over guys!
This is "Little Miss Dirty Face"! Oh my! She keeps coming in looking like this after being outside.
Here is another time she did it. The kids and I couldn't stop laughing! This is something the boys would have done, but I wasn't expecting it from Lily!

Ahhhh, life is so good right now!
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Getting to know mew folks is so much fun!
Lily is a doll face...dirty or clean! And your hair is so cute!

Catherine said...

She just wants to be one of the gang, doesn't she? I love it that the Lord has provided new friends just as others left. He is SO good to us!

Regina @VestPocketFamilyFarm said...

Chevelles are for flying, just low to the ground. I don't fore see having the money to restore mine, but I still have memories!

Lily's got the farming gene! ;))

melaniek said...

Too cute! Looks like Miss Lily really loves being outside!

Mich said...

loved the pictures. baby girl is precious.

OurLilFullFam said...

I like that dirty face! Looks like fun!

Stephanie

Wanting What I Have said...

I am STILL laughing LIlly is soooOOOOOoooo cute!!!

RaD said...

Oh my girl is always dirt from head to toe it seems and she's about to be seven! She's always been like that too.

Your inheritance looks like fun!

kathy said...

I love Lily's dirty face!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

It's Hailey all over again, LOL! I just love seeing her dirty in Hailey's hand-me-downs. Brings back so many memories.

I'm still trying to figure out how the hot-rod car is going to the girl who can't stand to go from 0 to 60 five seconds, LOL!

So glad God has put another homeschool family into your life :)

Love ya, Sis! Really miss chatting with you on the phone everyday. This really is a form of torture for me, LOL.

Related Posts with Thumbnails