Monday, July 26, 2010

Horse Camp (Part Two)

There are few things better than riding a horse on a beach. It is one of life's simple pleasures. I love this picture of my dad, "sacking out" Lightening in the waves.
Jackie and her family were able to come this year. We had a wonderful time together. Sitting on the beach talking, watching our children play, and eating great camp food were just a few of the highlights.
Here is my hubby walking with Jacob on his shoulders and Andrew following. It was a beautiful day on the beach. For once, not too much wind.
Our cousins from Wisconsin were able to join us. This is a picture of Angie looking at the beach for the first time in 10 years. She just kept saying, "It's so beautiful!" It was magical watching her. It is something we Oregonians take for granted.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

Us Washingtonians take sea water for granted too- It is beautiful. Looks like a lovely vacation {sans} the car problems, once you were there I'll bet you just settled in and enjoyed one of God's marvelous creations.

Catherine said...

I'm so happy for you that the Lord blessed you with this experience, Stacie! Our God is an awesome God!

Chris in FL--Joyful Mother said...

Beautiful! I am so glad you are enjoying your time camping. I am hoping next month to take a trip for the weekend.

Having the beach nearby is something we do take for granted. My beach is 1.5 hrs away. I made a point this year to not do this anymore. I want to make a point to drive out there more often. It is so healing I think....and peaceful!

kathy said...

It looks like your having a great time :) Beaches are beautiful. I only live about 2 hours away but haven't been for years!

Camille said...

Oh Stacie ~ It all looks SO wonderful!! I read through all three posts on this "horse camp"...how beautiful for you all to enjoy such a time! :) I *love* the photos on this particular post...the Oregon coast is SPECTACULAR! God's creation is so AMAZING!

Blessings to you!
In His Love,
Camille

RaD said...

We can see a beach often here in Cali too, so I guess you could say we take it for granted too.

Beautiful pictures!

Related Posts with Thumbnails