Sunday, July 25, 2010

Horse Camp (Part One)

Getting to horse camp this year proved more difficult than ever. We borrowed a beautiful trailer from some dear friend at church. They insisted we take it despite my continued protests! They truly have the mindset that their stuff on earth is to share and bless others with. I love that attitude!

We left in 100 degree weather and the old Suburban just wouldn't make it. My hubby didn't shift down (he has not pulled much) and the poor Sub overheated four times on the way there. We would have to sit and wait for it to cool down. Instead of getting to the campsite at 2:00 P.M., we got there at 7:30 P.M. A bit disappointing, but we made it!

I told Steve that I appreciated his attitude in this time of crisis. Several times it would start vapor-locking and lose power going up a hill. There was no where to go! We had to cross traffic and get the only shoulder that was available until we found a pull-out to stop and park to wait for it to cool off. The kids were really hot and impatient. Steve handled it so well. He kept looking for the blessings and there were many! He is so good for me in stressful situations. I know that is what makes him a good firefighter/Lt./and Paramedic. He doesn't panic!
Here we are the next day enjoying the beautiful sunshine. The campsite was perfectly level.
My cousin, Brad, who was visiting from Wisconsin, had owned a trailer for years. He helped us set it up and answered any questions we might have had. It was very handy!
The table was great for playing games out of the wind. The camper was truly a blessing! Thanks Chris and Judy!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Catherine said...

I love the new look of your blog, Stacie! The story and pics are wonderful...making memories for telling later with many laughs is what life is all about too!

Chris in FL--Joyful Mother said...

Looks like an awesome time! Yes...even if the sub broke down a few times...right? :)

God is so good at giving us the grace at just the right time.

RaD said...

Glad you guys got there safe and sound even though there were so many delays. We've experienced things like that a time or two on our own journeys :)

OurLilFullFam said...

Wow - how fun! Yes, I am married to the level-headed person in a crisis - especially car problems. I cannot stand them and don't so very well with them sometimes!

Stephanie

Grandma Becky said...

So glad you made it ok to camp. Hope you have a good time! I know how annoying it is when a vehicle stops on you when you are on a trip...been there done that but there were blessings of help from other people! Hugs!

Rachel and Family said...

I am so far behind blogging it's ridiculous. I'm glad to start off with the camping. What an adventure!!

Hydrant girl said...

I always think that there is a reason when I'm running late.... One day my dog insisted on jumping into my car before work and I was 10 mins late trying to get him out. Turns out I had missed a very big accident by running late!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I just got done reading all your camping posts. Great pics! I just finished up my version. Our family sure knows how to have a good time!

Related Posts with Thumbnails