Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Goodbye Friends

I had the privilege to watch Paul and Rachel's children one last time while they were loading their moving van. I grabbed the camera and caught some moments as we were telling each other goodbye. Here is Rachel telling Andrew goodbye.
They boys tried to act like men and were shaking hands. They did really well although they couldn't figure out why I was such a mess.
Jessica and Ann giving each other a hug. They are very close. But they both pretended they were tough.
One last picture of them all together. We added Nathan to our clan. He is Marcus' best friend. He fits right in this group! He's the one on the right with orange shorts. It will be neat to get a picture of them all together next year when we hopefully meet. To watch them grow up so fast will be astounding!

Paul was busy loading the truck and Steve had a horrendous shift that day and wasn't able to come by and say goodbye to him. It was sad, but such is the life of a fireman.

Thank you, Paul and Rachel for being such great friends! Thank you for loving our children and being there for us through thick and thin. Thank you for all the fun memories! It will be different, but we will make new ones in the future.

We miss you tons already!
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Catherine said...

Oh,Stacie, I'm so glad we are meeting today; maybe we can assuage your hurt with a lotta lovin'. See you soon!

Hydrant girl said...

It's never good-bye, only see you later!

Connie said...

My heart goes out to you. It is rare to have very special, close friends. May God give you others.

Sarah said...

Oh Stacie...what a emotionally challenging day for you all. I hope that you and Rachel continue to be a blessing to each other despite any distance...Special friends are indeed a rare find!

God Bless

candy said...

I am sad for you all.I know the love all of you have. the picture of Rachel saying good-bye to Andrew says it all.How sad but a swee picture. Is there anything I can do to help you get through this time.love you.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I was able to talk with her today. Just hearing her voice helped a lot. We have decided to try to call each other once a week to chat and catch up. It will be good for both of us. I do miss her!

Mich said...

Sweet pictures.

The great thing about today's world is you are just a text, a post, a email away.

Thank the Lord for special friends!

Tracey said...

Obviously your families have a sweet and special relationship - what a blessing!

Katrina said...

Oh, I'm so sad for you! Friends like that are such a treasure, and I know you will miss them.

Anonymous said...

That was soooooooooooo SAD .I notese that Ann was cring.

Related Posts with Thumbnails