One of the problems of having a large family is leftovers. It seems there is never enough for another meal. What do you do with all of these small amounts of food that seem to hang out in your fridge until they grow mold?
I have been trying to think outside the box. I hate throwing food away! My first creation was this Mixed Berry Chicken Salad. This uses up that small amount of chicken that might be leftover from last night's roasted chicken. Also, a great way to use up berries when the pickings in the garden get slim.
Stacie's Mixed Berry Chicken Salad
1. Chopped or torn lettuce or spinach
2. Sliced cucumber
3. Chopped up leftover chicken
4. Add Strawberries or Raspberries or both. (I have both in my garden)
5. Pour over a nice vinaigrette. (I use Ken's Raspberry Walnut vinaigrette if I don't have time to make my own)
6. You could put some chopped nuts on top too if you wanted.
Stacie's Mini Breakfast Pizzas
1. Slice English Muffins in half, place on cookie sheet.
2. Slather with leftover sausage gravy
3. Sprinkle leftover scrambled eggs on muffin.
4. Sprinkle leftover bacon bits (optional)
5. I saute up a few mushrooms for mine and Andrew's.
6. Sprinkle grated cheddar on top.
Bake in the oven at 350 degrees until cheese is melted. (About 12 minutes or so)
Meal Planning 101 (Part 1): The Why
22 hours ago