Monday, July 5, 2010

Are You Downcast?

In my own journey of gratitude, I seem to frequently visit Psalms. Psalms is like balm to a weary soul. The book of the Bible reveals that the only ultimate answer to trouble, grief, pain and loss is a constant returning to God in worship and gratitude. Every other semi solution proves empty and short-lived, incapable of infusing real hope into life's unbearable situations.

"Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God;for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God (Psalm 43:5). "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever" (73:26). "For his anger is but for a moment, and his favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes in the morning" (30:5).

Your heart may be crying out, "Oh God, let it be morning!" Keep hoping in Him until the day finally dawns. Even in the darkest night you can still experience His peace and rest, knowing that the joy of the morning is ahead.

This past week, I have been experiencing some intense spiritual warfare. When I have gone to bed at night, the enemy has attacked night after night, using my fears against me. I cry out "In the Name of Jesus, Go! Leave this house. We do not want you here! God, I want to feel your presence in my room. Send your mighty angels around this house to protect my children and I." Still feeling fear, I have slept with my Bible in my arms almost every night this week. My "sword" is ready to do battle if need be. I have never had anything like this happen. I feel that God is allowing me a glimpse of the spiritual battle going on around me so that I know how to do battle for my husband and children. I am now praying for my marriage, my husband and my children like never before. The enemy wants to devour them. God wants them to love and serve Him. I know how to pray and what to pray for them.

I have experienced joy through this. I am grateful for God's protection. I am grateful for God's power and strength. If it weren't for my LORD, I would have been slaughtered by the enemy long ago.

My admonition to you is this:

Resolve not to let your joy level be determined by the presence or absence of storms, but by the presence of God. choose to be joyful in Him today!

8 comments:

Mrs. Lukie said...

Oh, Stacie! I will be in prayer for you, your marriage, your household & your kids.

It seems I experience spiritual warfare at night, myself. I suppose because it is such a vulnerable time--we are tired from the day, mentally weak, let alone the physical/literal vulnerabilities of nighttime.

I pray that this battle that is being waged against you is fought with triumph and tenacity. Our God is an awesome God and I know you will win.

Catherine said...

We have already won the battle if we seek God. Ha! The enemy has lost! I didn't realize the extent of your own battle; I do now and will REALLY lift you up. And you are right; the Psalms are a perfect camping place for us when we are experiencing any kind of trouble.

Connie said...

Wonderful post. You certainly are doing battle the right way. The enemy sure loves to attack - at every level and we certainly see why we must stand in the gap for our children.

Chris in FL--Joyful Mother said...

I've been going through stuff this week also. I can't pin point it but it definitely has been feeling somewhat like oppression/depression. Quite ugly I think.

And I have experienced what you have said in times past. I know that it can be frightening but also to know that Lord is greater makes all things a bit more peaceful. There have been many times where I fall asleep praying doing battle.

Yep, that pic on my blog was taken at the museum. They really enjoyed their time. :)

Camille said...

Oh yes, the battle rages, but how WONDERFUL that we are protected by our Saviour!! Greater is He that is in us than he that is in the world! We have nothing to fear when the LORD is our shield and guide. I *love* Psalm 91 for this...SO precious!!

Love to you today my friend!
Blessings,
Camille

Mich said...

I needed to read this...thanks.

You will be in my prayers.

OurLilFullFam said...

Stacie,

I know what you mean!

My heart is been breaking for the unsaved, neighbors, extended family, etc.

I keep having this thought in the back of my mind about unsaved children and a fear about if that ever happens.

I too ahve spent many nights with God, seeing a glimpse of the sorrow - the true sorrow that people He created do in fact go to hell, people I know - people I care for.

How much more it breaks my heart and I beg Him to help me raise these children to serve Him and to see the needs of others as I go about my day.

Stephanie

American Home said...

These are powerful words which you have written and we know that God is faithful to hear our cries.
Your words are an encouragement to me.
God Bless You,

Related Posts with Thumbnails