Monday, June 14, 2010

Bev's Famous Scones

Here is the recipe for Bev's Scones.

Bev’s Scones


Yummiest scones ever!

4 cups of white flour (I supplement a cup of whole wheat pastry flour to make it a bit more healthy)

1/2 cup white sugar (I use 1/2 cup raw sugar)

1/2 tsps of salt

2 TBs baking powder

2/3 cup of cold butter (cut into pieces before you blend in with pastry cutter)

2 cups of heavy cream

2 tsps zest of lemon or orange peel

Sift dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles cornmeal. Add lemon zest and cream. Knead with your hands until well mixed (you can’t over-knead this dough!). Place dough in fridge for ½ hour.

Roll dough out ¾ inch thick. I use a round glass to cut them. Brush heavy cream on tops and sprinkle with raw sugar.

Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

(This is a double batch, so if you want to freeze the other half of the dough, or freeze part of the cooked scones, it works great!)

If you want to see this recipe being made, you can go to Youtube and watch Bev make them. Click here!




We enjoy these scones so much at our local tea house. Bev, thanks for sharing!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Camille said...

Very fun! I *love* a British "tea"...I will have to give this recipe a try! Thanks for sharing Stacie.

BTW...you look lovely with that teacup in your hands...what a pretty little shop Bev has! :)

Blessings,
Camille

candy said...

What a sweet boy you have.I love your pictures my friend.

Chris in FL--Joyful Mother said...

Ohhh lovely tea! And now I am hungry!

Sarah said...

I can't wait to make these Stacie! Thank you for sharing this recipe! Oh and thank you to Bev too! ;)

Linda said...

In Australia we use much less butter in scones. I have noticed this before. Maybe I should try it the other way once to see how I like it.

Tracy said...

Hi Stacie,
I have enjoyed visiting your blog today and am putting it in my favourites so I can return easily. I am a fire fighter's wife too but from far away in Australia. We home school too and love our garden.
Bye for now,
tracy

Related Posts with Thumbnails