Thursday, May 13, 2010

A VERY Special Gift for Mother's Day!

This year, my hubby surprised me and bought me a mother's ring for Mother's Day and our 15th Anniversary. Wow, was I thrilled! I have always dreamed of having one, but never really thought it would come true. There are always so many other things that seem to come up. Here is a collage of the kids giving it to me. They were just as excited as I was! There are six stones 2 sapphires, an amethyst, an emerald, a blue topaz and white sapphire (sorry, wasn't about to spend another $250 for a real diamond). I chose white gold (looks like silver to me) with marquis-shaped genuine stones. It is practical, yet classy.
After church, I asked if we could go on a hike. I should have known it would not be as easy as it sounds! It was very steep and everyone wanted to be in the stroller. Here is my strong husband pushing the three up a hill. I think it made him feel good that I called him PHENOMENAL! LOL! I was dying just walking up without pushing a stroller.
Here is the incredible view of the Columbia River which serves as a border between Washington and Oregon. The wildflowers were majestic and we didn't scared off by the sign that warned us of ticks and rattlesnakes.
And of course my little gift-giver Jess, picked me some wildflowers from the top. I turned back with four of the kids while Jess, Josh and Steve jogged and walked to the top of the Klickitats. We waited for them while we ate a few snacks and drank homemade ice tea. The weather was perfect!

After we got back, I made us a maple-glazed pork roast (see recipe here)

After dinner we played basket ball with the older boys and Jess in the front yard. Boy are they competitive! I'm way out of their league!

I hope all of you had a wonderful Mother's Day and were spoiled rotten by your family.
Posted by Picasa

21 comments:

Parsley said...

What a special day and a special gift! You are blessed.

Catherine said...

What a special gift! It is gorgeous too. Steve is so strong, and Jessica looks darling...a lot like you, Stacie. What a sweet day you had.

Jessica said...

yay, what a great way to celebrate Mother's Day! BeAuTiFuL ring! And I like the flowers just as much, what a sweet family you have!

christy rose said...

It sounds like you had a beautiful Mother's Day!! I love the mother's ring. It is just gorgeous!! You are very blessed!

Amy said...

What a beautiful gift. It must have been such a special day.

God Bless

Nama said...

What a precious & gorgeous gift! your Mother's Day sounds wonderful.:) Loved all the pictures.....so beautiful. Guess what? We don't live all that far apart. I'm in Northwest Washington.:) I'm familiar with your area, a bit. Loved hearing about your day and your hike & I agree....any man who can push three kids up a hill, in a stroller is phenominal!:)
Have a blessed day & thanks so much for sharing your life with us.

Mrs. Lukie said...

What a beautiful ring!! So much thought went into that gift. What a great man you have in Steve.

And how adorable that the kids were so excited to have you open it :) Jessica does look a lot like you--she's a real beauty.

Laura said...

I'm so glad your day was special and filled with lots of love and treasured memories. Those are always the best ones!

Kimberly said...

How sweet of your family! What a beautiful place to hike- the mighty Columbia looks like a crick in the picture!

LizyBeth said...

What a beautiful surprise! It sounds like you had a great Mother's Day!

J said...

I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! What an incredibly special gift! WOW! I am SOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! I hope feeling that ring on your finger reminds you of how incredibly special and loved you are by your sweet family. Precious!

And wow for Steve pushing all three uphill. That's impressive! Looks like you've got yourself a superman! :)

Rachel and Family said...

I'm warming up my french onion soup now!

Looks like you had a great Mother's Day! You deserve it.

Thanks for my mother's day lunch with you.

xoxo

candy said...

What a beautiful day you had. I am happy for you, you deserve it.You are a phenomenal Mom! You both are doing so great with the children. I love to be with them they are great children.
Can I have some copies of pictures?If you have extra.

Connie said...

You will treasure that gift for many years.

What a wonderful hike for the fam!

Grandma Becky said...

Your mother's ring is nice. I'm so happy for you. Don't you just love surprises? I had a good day too. Pop over to my blog and you will see photos. I would have had a better day if I'd not been so tired but it was enjoyable cuz I was with my loved ones! Hugs!

deyoder said...

Stacy! It's beautiful and well deserved! I'm so glad you are treasured so! And, yes I have read LOTS of Francine Rivers books, she is my favorite! So thrilled to find you!

Jasmine said...

Happy belated mother's day. You are so blessed.

I loved your comment on teaching your boys to change diapers, mow the lawns, etc. I agree 100%

Thanks for passing by.

Blessings

Camille said...

How wonderful Stacie!! Such a precious day for you! I *love* the pics of your hike...soooo pretty!! You will cherish that ring forever...how lovely it is!!

I have been away and "out of the loop" with blogging...it's fun to catch up with all my friends! :)

Love,
Camille

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Love your Mother's Ring! The colors in it are beautiful! So glad they got it for you.

That is an wonderful picture of Jessica. Can't believe how much she looks like Josh in that picture!

Cute pic of the three youngest in the stroller.

sanjeet said...

I like the flowers just as much, what a sweet family you have!
indian classified site

RaD said...

I knew that ring was going to be beautiful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails